[Answered] Power Icon in Task Bar

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by dabour, Mar 23, 2022.

1. dabour

dabour MDL Member

Jan 17, 2014
    How to fix "Power icon" in Windows 10 Enterprise on a laptop?
    Thanks for any help

Windows.PNG Power.PNG

2. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    You're in the right place, but if it's gray and unresponsive, it's likely that Windows or the Registry is damaged. (Most likely registry). There are millions of tutorials on the Internet on how to recover it, but unfortunately I have not been able to find anything that also work. Search, maybe you are the first lucky one in the world to find. And if you find it, let also me know.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. fryquez

fryquez MDL Novice

Jun 28, 2015
    Take a look in device manager. Are there 2 entries under batteries?

4. dabour

dabour MDL Member

Jan 17, 2014
    Thanks @kaljukass and @fryquez for your answers.
    Apology for you guys I should've said this is a VM fresh Install and this is the Device Manager entry.
    DM.PNG

5. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    The OS inside a VM only sees the virtualized hardware (provided by the Virtualizer/VM software). Usually, the Host hardware is never exposed to the Guest, with the CPU being the sole exception. The VM therefore does not detect the Host battery and you cannot use that option.

6. dabour

dabour MDL Member

Jan 17, 2014
    Thanks @Carlos Detweiller for info, thanks to you I have learned something new today. I been using VMs for quite a while but for some reason I've never noticed this. To confirm your explanation this is how it looks in my other VM Windows 11 Pro.

Winver.png TB.png DM.png

@kaljukass Hope you find your answer here.

7. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    It looks the same in my VMs (I have a desktop but use a UPS which is seen as system battery, too).

8. Demencial777

Demencial777 MDL Junior Member

Dec 30, 2012
    It's the same route, mate, right click on VM -> Settings -> Options -> Power -> Report Battery Information to guest.
    It should work.

9. dabour

dabour MDL Member

Jan 17, 2014
    @Demencial777 Your solution worked

PowerIconSolution.png

Thank you very much appreciate your help,
    Hope @kaljukass can make use of this solution

10. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    @dabour - Thanks, I'll take note and remember, but it won't help me because I thought you were looking for missing icons on a normal installation.
    VM is a different thing.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...