[Answered] Share Files in LAN

Discussion in 'Android' started by Tanzeel, Dec 3, 2017.

1. Tanzeel

Tanzeel MDL Junior Member

Jan 24, 2013
    Suppose i have a wireless router.
    My PC is connected to the router with a wire.
    My PC has no WiFi adapter/card.
    I have an android phone connected to the router via WiFi.
    And i have NO INTERNET CONNECTION.

What is the best android app to transfer data between phone and PC, in this situation?

2. Tanzeel

Jan 24, 2013
    I have installed "Send Anywhere" app but it transfers data only when i have an internet connection.

3. coleoptere2007

coleoptere2007 MDL Guru

Apr 8, 2008
    o_O I had a dream....

4. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    FTP Server app on Android, FileZilla FTP Client on PC

5. Tanzeel

Jan 24, 2013
    ES file explorer has an option to share files in LAN. Searching for FTP Server on google play.

6. Tanzeel

Jan 24, 2013
    I have found the app. "Sweech" is working without an internet connection.

7. Flipp3r

Flipp3r MDL Expert

Feb 11, 2009
    I use "ES file explorer" to connect to my PC Share & my NAS...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. Tanzeel

Jan 24, 2013
    I will try that.

9. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  10. LiteOS

LiteOS Windowizer

Mar 7, 2014
    I got iphone and i use vlc
    It has web server to drop files from pc

11. supervergil

supervergil MDL Novice

Nov 18, 2012
    I'm new to Android, my Samsung use Asus File Manager to browse the NAS. It's simple yet powerful.

12. ra_dlanor

ra_dlanor MDL Novice

Dec 6, 2017
    My own recommendations would be to use either "ES File Explorer Pro" (paid-for Pro because the free one is VERY unpleasant nowdays), or "Total Commander" (which is free and VERY capable), but for the latter you also need to install the LAN module, since that is not included by default in the main app. But as that module is also free, it's no big deal. I started out with "ES File Explorer Pro" long ago, and only recently started using "Total Commander", so I tend to install both on my Android devices. Both have some great advantages and some quirks of usage, so which to use is mainly a matter of personal usage preferences.

One warning though: If you use "ES File Explorer" (free or Pro) to backup some app config files to any external media (USB-HDD, LAN fileshare, whatever) then the program may add a ".txt" extension to any files that have text content, even if they are NOT originally stored with such a filename extension. This means that if you later need to restore those files to the Android device, the apps that used those files will not recognize them, unless you rename the affected files to remove that unwanted ".txt" extension.
    I became aware of this problem after attempting to restore folders containing configuration files for a large number of emulator games, only to find that all those configurations were being ignored by the emulator apps, simply because all 'whatever.ini' files had been renamed to 'whatever.ini.txt' by "ES File Explorer" in making the external backups.
    But apart from that horrible bug (a by-design bug!) "ES File Explorer Pro" is one of the most competent and convenient file managers available, with great compatibility across Android devices of all kinds.

13. pantagruel

pantagruel MDL Addicted

Aug 30, 2007
    A little late to the party, but why not just connect the device to the PC via USB to transfer files. It's what I use all the time to sideload APKs, grab screenshots etc.

1.png 2.png 3.png 4.png

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  14. son13wo33

son13wo33 MDL Member

Nov 24, 2011
    miexplorer great one