Antipiracy update 17/02 Question?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by GeekSquad, Feb 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeekSquad

GeekSquad MDL Novice

Feb 13, 2010
    Hey mates. i have a question. i installed a copy of windows7 with no crack or loader (it automatically inserted a OEM key i'm guessing because it was ACTIVATED automatically), would i recieve any of those problems from the 17/02 update even though I did not use any loaders, etc. ?? please reply. thanks mates.

2. trolltamer2

trolltamer2 MDL Junior Member

Jun 5, 2007
    It sounds like the DVD you installed from has a loader built in ! so yes you may get problems on the 17/02.... you'll just have to wait and see! The only way it could activate without a loader is if you have a slic2.1 and the DVD you installed from had the cert installed for the make of your pc/slic table !

3. matrixcs

matrixcs MDL Junior Member

Feb 7, 2010
    certainly you will encounter some problems, or might not.. here is a tip, use acronis and make an image of your drive C now. then if you got a problem this coming 2/17 then just recover your system using the image back up from acronis then DISABLE your Windows UPDATE :)

of if you want.. Just disable your Windows Update from now on.

4. The Progen

The Progen MDL Novice

Dec 13, 2009
    First part's true. Either that or the Windows 7 files had been hacked and certain parts removed.

Second part's not entirely correct. I'm sure a lot of us (I've joined the gang recently) are using certificates, SLIC tables and SLP files not for / from the same brand as our boards / PCs.

5. WinFLP

WinFLP MDL Senior Member

Nov 18, 2009
    Simple, as of right now the update is optional. Set updates to "Check for updates but let me choose whether to download and install" (recommended) or disable automatic updates (not recommended, at least if you don't occasionally manually check)...

When the update comes out, don't install it. When the update is officially released, there will be a full report here of what breaks what doesn't so you'll know if you have a potential worry.

Then avoid installing the update as long as possible, and wait until it becomes a requirement (to, for example access genuine gated downloads) and evaluate at that point if you have to change your setup.

6. trolltamer2

trolltamer2 MDL Junior Member

Jun 5, 2007
    The SLIC AND the CERT need to match !!! the key doesn't YET may have to after the 17th!!!

7. Rosco

Rosco MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2007
    He is right - don't install it - the results of installing will be all over the net if something nasty happens so wait and see. Also this update keeps checking in so any changes to various activation bypass methods may not happen for months.

So

DON'T INSTALL IT - really why would you ?? The only reason is to see what happens - there is absolutely no value to this update to someone who has a loader or bios mod or anything else.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. motion55

motion55 MDL Junior Member

Aug 17, 2008
    One question. Does WAT only check Windows' authenticity or is MS Office also included in the checks?

9. fubar121

fubar121 MDL Novice

Nov 23, 2009
  10. HALIKUS

HALIKUS MDL Addicted

Jul 29, 2009
    Is there a possibility to slipstream this update into the wim? It has no unattended.xml when i try to integrate it, but i figure if i slipstream it and then run my code it may work as its installed first, and the update would appear as installed and the loader would be loaded after install. Also, my WAT still works after the update, i have a bios mod. Also, if you have no 100 meg boot partition, would it confuse loaders as its not in the usual root?