Antivirus Compare Help

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by kumaramy, Apr 18, 2013.

1. =)(=

=)(= Guest

2. =)(=

=)(= Guest

#22 =)(=, Apr 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2013
    I installed Bitdefender Windows 8 Security now and guess what, while scanning it detected 3 files as malicious, i could select what action to take on 2 of the files, but the third file that was a .dll file for Soundblaster speaker software was deleted without asking me/allowing me to select what action to take. And now i must re install the software because it will not start :/

Edit:

Found the option to make it quarantine by default instead of deleting but seems that it did not help so much, it did quarantine the file but when i clicked restore, it restored the file and then quarantined it again. Also adding the file/folder to exclusion did not help, because it kept detecting it. Only thing that worked was to add exception for dll extension. :annoyed:

But i gotta admit that their forum is good, i reported the FP and i got a fast reply that they would take look at it and if the file is indeed clean, the detection will be removed ASAP. :thumbsup: for that.

3. ian82

ian82 MDL Expert

Mar 7, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. acyuta

acyuta MDL Expert

Mar 8, 2010
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. CorporateRAT

CorporateRAT MDL Member

Aug 4, 2012
    Comodo scores really good, is light on resources and super fast.

6. Lich King

Lich King MDL Addicted

Sep 24, 2009
    Eset = Good Protection + Light on Resource
    Bitdefender = Best Protection + Light on Resource

7. trungpt

trungpt MDL Addicted

Dec 15, 2009
    I'm using avast Free and Comodo Firewall Free, a great combination :D

8. GarryH_Geek

GarryH_Geek MDL Novice

Jul 31, 2013
    I can say about free antiviruses.

Avast! Free Antivirus. I've lived long enough with this anti-virus solution, but did not like the large number of false responses. o_O

AVG Antivirus Free. Convenient interface, I can not say nothing bad about it, no huge memory. ;)
    Comodo Antivirus. Comodo has the functionality of paid antivirus programs - it detects and removes all known viruses, Trojans, Internet worms from your computer, with available free of charge. :worthy:

Microsoft Security Essentials. Complete protection against malware. Easy free download. Automatic update. Ease of Use. BUT. crash when trying to cure the virus in the archive.

AVZ. Low reliability. :tea:

Panda Cloud Antivirus. Great usability, excellent reliability. :rolleyes:

Good luck!

9. petet

petet MDL Novice

Aug 17, 2013
    I tried using Norton, Eset Nod32 and Avg. I haven't use Norton again since it affects the performance of my computer when it do full computer scan. I like ESET NOD32 and AVG for its works great. As of now I use AVG since you can't use two antivirus at the same time.