Antivirus For Windows Server 2008?

Discussion in 'Windows Server' started by gunny2k9, Nov 1, 2009.

1. gunny2k9

gunny2k9 MDL Junior Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Hey just wonder if any has tried / successfuly found and run antivirus on Windows Server 2008/2008 R2? and if so what ?

i ve got 3 pc license for Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 which i currently run on my offical Windows 7 ;) and i was thinking of sticking it on my server install i m playing around with to learn new server version?

i know it wont install without doing the compat mode but wanted to see if anyones tried and run it problems before i mess up everything?

2. HSChronic

HSChronic MDL Expert

Aug 25, 2007
    i run eset smart security on my workstations and servers. Just check with the mfg that it supports the server OS before installing it because it could cause issues with certain components or other server system programs you might install.

3. t3nk3n

t3nk3n MDL Junior Member

Aug 13, 2007
    Eset Antivirus Business Edition. It has one the smallest footprint of all antivirus out there in the market right.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. HSChronic

HSChronic MDL Expert

Aug 25, 2007
    yeah i just turn the firewall off on my servers which makes SSBE the same as NOD32 BE.

5. blackcobra

blackcobra MDL Novice

Apr 21, 2009
    Symantec Corp ecition or ESET Business Edition..:)

I use ESET Business Edition..

6. tieuphi

tieuphi MDL Novice

Jun 29, 2009
    I think Mcafee Virusscan Enterprise 8.7i+patches or Symantec Endpoint Protection 11.x are good for Windows Server and corporate network :)

7. huyerar

huyerar MDL Novice

Nov 17, 2009
    no problem activating here. somebody stupidly let googlebot see their list of keys and there was a R2 datacenter KMS on there. it only takes 5 servers to get a KMS running.