Antivirus Test Results for Windows 10

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by Katzenfreund, Jan 31, 2018.

1. Katzenfreund

Katzenfreund MDL Expert

Jul 15, 2016
  2. nodnar

nodnar MDL Addicted

Oct 15, 2011
    vipre.. never heard of it..thank you. a pity that it is not free..downloaded the off-line tool, ran it, though not in safe mode, i could not be bothered, looked just like good old dos.. and bloody slow..waited patient like cat for detections.. that is the best solution imho, use it just once, if no detections move on to another one; it will not find anything if first scan failed to find anything. .i tend to think they are a bunch of scammers selling paid software.. i tried umpteen of them, only free ones of course, most were duds..;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Katzenfreund

Katzenfreund MDL Expert

Jul 15, 2016
    ˄˄
    They’re not duds nodnar, but an experienced surfer like you using a secure system like Windows 10, can’t expect to collect much malware.

Actually, the only malware alarm I got after a very long time, was not thru scanning but directly after downloading an update to freeware “Free File Sync”. And I’ve stopped bothering with ad hoc scans, as Avira automatically does a quick occasional scan, not that it ever finds anything.

This comes in contrast to when I was a beginner with my XP, when I was collecting the stuff by the bucketful.

4. JarrahBenida

JarrahBenida MDL Novice

Jan 31, 2018
    Windows 8.1 is much more better