Any Android browser works with the /SPOILER function on MDL?

Discussion in 'Mobile and Portable' started by roirraW "edor" ehT, Apr 8, 2013.

1. roirraW "edor" ehT

roirraW "edor" ehT MDL Addicted

Sep 1, 2007
    Question in title.

I've used the stock browser in AOSP 4.2.2 and Firefox (v20) and in both, I can't "un"SPOIL things when browsing MDL on the phone. I figured I'd ask instead of just installing other browsers willy-nilly (Dolphin, etc).

Thanks!:robot:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Samsung S3 stock browser works (4.1.2-I9300XXEMB5), but not when using the mobile style. I have to use the full site, which I personally perfer either way since the chat box works there as well.
    One little issue: The button doesn't change its lable from 'show' to 'hide', but is fully functional, means I can 'un' and 're'-hide as often as I want.:)
    It's a system app (SecBrowser.apk), not sure if it works on other devices, but it should when pushed to /system/app (needs root).

I can upload it to test if wanted...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. roirraW "edor" ehT

Sep 1, 2007
    Thanks, Yen. Yes, please, if it's that accessible for you to upload for me to try :). I am rooted. Hopefully the stock browser doesn't have any other stock dependencies, but I'd be willing to find out. I haven't tried my stock 4.1.2 browser, I'm curious if they're the same. I don't have access to it at the moment but if you like you can wait until I get an MD5 of mine to compare to yours. Or maybe it's not worth the trouble for such a little file. lol

4. roirraW "edor" ehT

Sep 1, 2007
    I forgot to mention, I'm using the S2 (Sprint variety - Epic 4G Touch).

5. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
  6. roirraW "edor" ehT

Sep 1, 2007
    Sorry I never replied. I was planning on testing this - I think at the time I did and it didn't work, but now I'm on a stock based ROM and Firefox 22 is working with spoiler just fine.

I just wanted to say thanks for the effort and my unproven theory is that it was the AOSP ROM that was the issue, but who knows at this point.

Cheers, Yen!