Any app for remote login (24x7 online without approval)?

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by soamz, Jun 12, 2015.

1. soamz

soamz MDL Senior Member

Mar 12, 2011
    Hi, Im looking for a remote login app for windows or Mac or browser based, whatever which does my job!

I have a windows PC at my office, which stays online always, just in sleep mode may be, once we leave the office.

I need an app, so I can access that PC from anywhere in the world anytime.

Right now, I use Team Viewer or Ammy Admin while I have staff at office, as someone needs to be there on the other side to click on ACCEPT CONNECTION.

But I need it all hands free, means I can access that system anytime anywhere and take the control.

Any such app recommendations ? :g:

2. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. cetipabo2

cetipabo2 MDL Member

Feb 8, 2015
  4. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. cetipabo2

cetipabo2 MDL Member

Feb 8, 2015
    #5 cetipabo2, Jun 12, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2015
    I never had such problem with teamviewer. soamz is already using teamviewer so i thought it would be more convenient for him to use something he already know.

Secure or not secure is another problem. But i don't think that the Teamviewer business is based on spying people to get their data and sell it to other companies, they wouldn't last long. if we think like that, then better not have internet, iphones, etc...and only pay with cash money, and live in the woods.

6. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Companies like Facebook, Twitter and also TeamViewer selling some of their customers data to other companies. That's well known or would you tell that you'd never heard of that?! It's simply a huge business!

Fact is, an software developer, which creates an apps for to Remote Control, like TeamViewer, normally wouldn't need an Gateway Server where all connection has to pass by up and down! A direct connection would do the same and even faster! So, why they use an Gateway Server? If not for business purpose, for what else? TeamViewer could be used for free to some extend! Why that? And how they could finance that support they have to deliver to the users, and for sure also how to finance that huge Data Traffic! That all cost's a lot of money and isn't free and beside of that, they would make money for their own too!!

Think about that! And think about why you should get something for free which in reality cost's a lot?!

A few years ago, as we started our service for an new customer because that customer didn't trusted his own IT Staff anymore and removed the IT Department, we were need just two weeks to find out that the leakage of confidential data were done via TeamViewer! That customer had three outlets of his company which were connected 24/7 using TeamViewer for that 3 outlets to the Headoffice and between them. We had cut TeamViewer completely and the Data leakage stopped immediately! And that were not on the free Service of TeamViewer, it was paid services!

Do you think that a free service of TeamViewer would more secure?!

7. cetipabo2

cetipabo2 MDL Member

Feb 8, 2015
    #7 cetipabo2, Jun 12, 2015
    Teamviewer is not a free service (even if there are ways to use it freely) and i never heard that teamviewer is sharing your data. You say that's well known ? if it was the case then nobody would use it.
    They use a gateway server for an obvious reason, as you know you don't have to configure the firewall, the ports forwarding and know the client/server ip address to initiate a connection. all these information are collected by the gateway to let the applications client/server to connect themselves, that's all. Once the connection is established between the client and the server, the data are going directly from client to server, the gateway is no more used, else it would be incredibly slow.

i'm sorry but i don't agree with you. And it's not because you pay for it that it will be better and more secure. What about Linux vs windows ? and especially windows 10 that i'm sure that you're going to install the day it will be out ! so this argument doesn't worth anything, once again sorry.

i used teamviewer (as free service) for years and i never received 1 mail or a phone call from them or some companies which could be related to them...that's my experience against your experience. if you don't want to be annoyed just use fake information. Easy.

Now back to the original question: Any app for remote login (24x7 online without approval)?
    --> TEAMVIEWER HOST is a correct answer, especially if you're used to the normal teamviewer version.

8. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    #9 pisthai, Jun 12, 2015
  9. soamz

soamz MDL Senior Member

Mar 12, 2011

Wow great step by step!
    I dont have windows at my home, Im a Mac user, so let me first install CrossOver app to my Mac, so I can install the viewer and then will get back to this post.
    Thanks a lot sir!