Any good Boot Loaders available for UEFI systems?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by FanboyKilla, Dec 20, 2015.

1. FanboyKilla

FanboyKilla MDL Junior Member

Oct 7, 2009
    I'm in the process of migrating over to UEFI but currently one thing holding me up is finding a Boot Loader that works with UEFI systems. Right now I'm using mbldr which allows me to boot into multiple OS's. Does anyone know of anything similar that will work with UEFI systems?

2. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. FanboyKilla

Oct 7, 2009
    Good suggestion but I was hoping to find something a little more elegant than being presented with a Windows Boot Manager screen every time I boot up. With mbldr I have it set to wait for 3 seconds after the BIOS loads which I can then hit either F1, F2, F3 etc. to load different OS's. If I don't make a choice within those 3 seconds then it will automatically boot into my default partition. Basically it's just a little less intrusive than how the Windows Boot Manager takes up the whole screen.

If I can't find any other options then I'll certainly go that route, but hopefully there is another tool like mbldr out there that works with UEFI. :)

4. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    You can configure the time out with easyBCD BTW and the default OS to boot from :tea:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  6. skunkos

skunkos MDL Novice

Dec 11, 2015
    Definitely Refind or Grub (2).

7. newbelgian

newbelgian MDL Novice

Dec 19, 2015
    #8 newbelgian, Dec 20, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2015
    Go and see these guys: terabyteunlimited.com
    Real professionals!
    They have a fantastic product : bootit-bare-metal. But noy yet compatible with UEFI. This is what they say :"We have not yet found a UEFI system that is feature complete and stable. Consider this to be a warning that the state of the UEFI environment is on the bleeding edge."
    Follow them and their products (free trial one month). Very interesting.

8. frepsz

frepsz MDL Junior Member

Aug 26, 2014
    Maybe a stupid question, but why not use you -- you know -- UEFI to do the work? It should negate the need for any bootloaders, your computer is supposed to come with one built in.

9. FanboyKilla

Oct 7, 2009
    lol, nah man this is a completely different kinda bootloader for use on multi-boot systems.

Thanks to everyone else for the suggestions. I will definitely be checking those out. :)

10. cengizhan

cengizhan MDL Senior Member

Jul 29, 2009
    uefi is not a bootloader. it is new type of bios. you still need a bootloader.