Any good Registry backup / restore?

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by ian82, Sep 2, 2012.

1. ian82

ian82 MDL Expert

Mar 7, 2012
    I know how to export the registry using regedit but what I want is a tool that would allow me to take a snapshot of my registry, then maybe a few days down the road, if I do some tweaks or changes and want to have my registry totally wiped/restored with the previous state

Same way like you backup / create images using Acronis but something just for the registry

I don't mind paying

is there such a tool?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. kubato

kubato MDL Member

Jul 29, 2009
    #2 kubato, Sep 2, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2012
    Registry First Aid will do registry backups and restores from a full backup of the registry.
    I used to use it all the time but, not as much lately, I now use jv16 for registry cleanups as Registry First aid was reporting keys as removable by saying they were not important when they were. As far as just a backup tool it works great (registry only). It has a restore from backup but, I have used it tons of times for your exact need but not from a completely bricked (un-bootable)system, I am not sure. You will have to make your own CD boot unless they have made a cd boot tool via RFA.
    I have not played with it for a while.
    Like everything, take a look, your mileage will very, you might like it but, like shoes, you are responsible for finding the correct fit....

3. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  4. ian82

ian82 MDL Expert

Mar 7, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. gorekhaa

gorekhaa MDL Novice

Jun 10, 2011
    Without any doubt, ERUNT, simple, strong, stable and free.

Registry Backup/Restoration made easy...

It must be used with administrative privileges under Win7.

A quick (but complete) guide here:
    winxptutor.com/regback.htm

Download location:
    larshederer.homepage.t-online.de

6. Whiznot

Whiznot MDL Member

Nov 5, 2009
    ERUNT has been tops for years.

7. Katzenfreund

Katzenfreund MDL Expert

Jul 15, 2016
    I revive this old thread to ask whether old and trusted ERUNT fully supports Windows 10. And is anybody actually using it with Win10 without glitches? I get conflicting results by searching the question.

If not fully compatible, or no longer the best, then which is the best specifically for Windows 10?

8. dhjohns

dhjohns MDL Guru

Sep 5, 2013
    System Restore does a great job for me.

9. JFKI

JFKI MDL Expert

Oct 25, 2015
    Nice one, Replying to a 4 year old post by a banned former member. :clapping: