Any idea to get back data from a fully formatted drive?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Corey789, Jul 29, 2013.

1. Corey789

Corey789 MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2013
    Hello! Please, help me!
    A couple of days ago, I had fully formatted an external hard drive (not quick format) and all the contained files seemed gone. But, my bother said he needed some of these files, especially a business document. But, I had formatted it fully. Do you have any idea for this? How could I get back these files? Thanks a lot!

2. Airbander

Airbander MDL Novice

Jul 24, 2013
    hello

if you lucky you can get your data back using an Free data recover software the one i had luck with is Recuva or u can get hirens boot cd 9
    it is full of data recover software so u can try them and see if you can recover some data

hope this help

3. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    As long as you didn't have used HDD Low Level Format you still should be able to get the data back. Look at the thread EFA11 suggested above.:D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. GarryH_Geek

GarryH_Geek MDL Novice

Jul 31, 2013
    Looking at the thread EFA11 suggested above. I was able to restore my data. Thanks a lot!

5. sean_paul45

sean_paul45 MDL Novice

Aug 19, 2013
    Lost data due to formatting?? Do you want to recover all the lost data then you are on the way because you can easily restore lost data with Remo Recover Windows Free Edition. Even it can also restore data lost due to other reasons such as virus attack, file system corruption, etc.. It has some powerful algorithms which scans the complete hard drive.