Any informations about what microsoft will do about the mandatory windows updates?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by yro, Sep 9, 2015.

1. yro

yro MDL Addicted

Jul 26, 2009
    Does anyone know if microsoft has talked about it?

Is Microsoft going to let users customize updates for hotfix and drivers?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. taviruni

taviruni MDL Senior Member

May 8, 2010
    Are you insane, that is mandatory according to MS.

Better use 7 or 8.x, there is nothing good in 10, and a lot of bad things.

3. dhjohns

dhjohns MDL Guru

Sep 5, 2013
    That is your opinion. Each to his own. I have had a great experience with Windows 10. For me it has been totally awesome. :clap:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. winbond

winbond MDL Novice

Oct 27, 2009
    they will not let you customize the updates, but you can try this:
    forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/64939-Windows-Update-MiniTool

5. winbond

winbond MDL Novice

Oct 27, 2009
    i wouldn't even recommend win8, only 7 without the spyware updates or linux for non gamers

6. yro

yro MDL Addicted

Jul 26, 2009
    I guess its time to MDL mods start the bans...

I can understand that some users are scared about privacy concerns on Windows 10. There are plenty of informations about it and still these users continue to beleave that windows 10 has spywares or something related. Thats their opinion and we must respect it, but its getting hard to undrstand and impossible to accept these users making flames on every post we made related to windows 10.

This topic was created with one thing in mind: solve my doubts about windows 10 updates and what microsoft says about it. Instead of shutting up or posting something that has a little sense, you keep pushing this f****** s**t flame war everywhere. Go f*** yourself and f*** your childist behavior.

Sorry MLDers, but Im getting too old for that s**t.

7. Mutagen

Mutagen MDL Addicted

Feb 18, 2013
    Windows for Workgroups + 1200 baud modem = total protection.

8. Snuffy

Snuffy MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2008
    I agree with you, some people voice "opinions" when a question was aks and they post with nothing to do about the question...
    I have installed Windows 10 LTSB and have NO ISSUES with updates. only minor crap... you might read up on what LTSB offers....

also you might check to see what is offered if you click the LIMITED-METERED Internet.

9. odiebugs1

odiebugs1 MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2015
    I saw this the other day, so have been looking at MS news and all over the net. I can't find a word about any new info from MS as to whether
    it's rethinking it's update policy. They did have to put out the update tool due to problems.

I imagine that until they have a scenario where thousands of people crash, or have problems, it's not going to change, especially after insiders cried about looking for drivers and keeping win updated.

10. yro

yro MDL Addicted

Jul 26, 2009
    its sad.

i dont see the point on forced updates for any updates.

they could do something different instead. something like this:

* forced windows security updates;
    * option to disable windows not security related updates;
    * option to disable drivers updates.

thats all.

I agree with the security updated to be forced, but the others? meeh.. its a total disaster for 2 reasons:

1) some updates can (and will) breake the system (drivers, windows itself, etc);
    2) a lot of people have limited bandwitch.

imagine if microsoft goes for releasing a new BIG update once for month. jesus, were f**ked..

11. yro

yro MDL Addicted

Jul 26, 2009
    then I endup with big problems. all machines I have are running windows 7 pro. can not upgrade to windows 10 LTSB and keep my axtivation status (and I intend to go for kms on win 10).

12. Snuffy

Snuffy MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2008
    I do understand, that is WHY make and keep a nice RESTORE POINT at least 3 of them.... I also keep a Bootable USB close by...
    then if some UPGRADE-UPDATE causes a major F**** up.
    force shutdown... how ever you chose....
    1. insert the USB boot device....
    2. start system -- F12 chose Boot
    3. boot to and move thru to Command prompt.
    4. type "rstrui.exe /offline:C:\Windows" enter
    that will go to the last known good Restore Point.... if that fails
    insert Acronis Boot USB and Restore to the last Restoreable Full Image....

13. odiebugs1

odiebugs1 MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2015
    You sure have this right. That would be the best for all and it's how they should have set update too.

With options for the updates/upgrades, drivers, people who want them can have them and the people who don't want them, can opt out. As you said, the only forced updates should be security for all.

14. Snuffy

Snuffy MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2008
    Go to LSTB versions... I am testing an so far I really like.

15. yro

yro MDL Addicted

Jul 26, 2009
    and the activation goes where? no thanks. read the other posts...

16. Snuffy

Snuffy MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2008
    LTSB can be OEM, or GVLK
    one system i have as OEM
    the other is GVLK.
    I do not use or like Cortana, Media Player, EDGE - so install your choice of Browser an the APPS only thing I use is a Weather program (Free and installs and works fine.)
    I add what i want to use.

17. hanzzon2

hanzzon2 MDL Member

Dec 1, 2007