Any method to remove "Activate Windows" and "Build Number" watermarks from 8.1 Ent. ?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Hesham_3del, Oct 14, 2013.

1. Hesham_3del

Hesham_3del MDL Novice

Jun 8, 2012
    Hello,

Any method to remove "Activate Windows" and "Build Number" watermarks from 8.1 Ent. ?

Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks

2. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    yes, you need to activate it :p
    either with a KMS server or a key

3. Myrrh

Myrrh MDL Expert

Nov 26, 2008
    Indeed... activate it as a KMS client or with a MAK key, done.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Hesham_3del

Hesham_3del MDL Novice

Jun 8, 2012
    :D

I know about the activation and the KMS server v6 issue ;)

I'm talking about editing some .dll files or something :)

5. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    forget it :D

6. Smorgan

Smorgan Glitcher

Mar 25, 2010
    #6 Smorgan, Oct 14, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2013
    On the contrary do not forget it.

The issues are with the SPPSVC.exe which direct the Operating system to activate. While also running activation checks on the start of the OS as a task not with winlogon.exe.

Most of the files you are thinking of are not DLL's in this case the closest thing to it is SPPC.dll which physically does the activation.

At this point though you are talking about cracking the activation on the Operating System and not Hacktivating the OS (shame on those who call it hacktivation).

7. Hesham_3del

Hesham_3del MDL Novice

Jun 8, 2012
    So, from where shall I read or begin ?

8. CorporateRAT

CorporateRAT MDL Member

Aug 4, 2012
    Begin with reverse engineering KMS v.6

9. Smorgan

Smorgan Glitcher

Mar 25, 2010
    #9 Smorgan, Oct 14, 2013
    No you do not begin there as that is vague and ambiguous.

Start with Reverse Engineering Slc.dll / Sppsvc.exe / Sppc.dll. This is just to get your mind around how the activation system works. CorporateRAT do not ask some of which a person cannot do.

Experiment while modifying these files as I would strongly advise doing so on a Virtual Machine or Setting. Be reminded as with any RE work you need knowledge of Binary, Hexadecimal, Program Flow, and How the Windows Licensing works.

10. MSDNAA

MSDNAA MDL Senior Member

Aug 6, 2013
    Here are the steps:
    1. Go to Microsoft VLSC Site and find a Authorized Microsoft Partner in your region.
    2. Choose your preferred agreement level and purchase the license for Windows 8.1 Enterprise w/ Software Assurance via MS Partner.
    3. You will get access to MS VLSC Site.
    4. Once you successfully logged in you will find the Product Keys section under Relation Summary.
    5. Pick the Windows 8.1 MAK/KMS Key and install it in your already existing Windows 8.1 Enterprise PC/Laptop.
    6. Voila the "Watermark is gone now" you will have full feature enable Windows 8.1 Enterprise activate PC/Laptop now.

Say thanks if you manage to get it right Or leave a reply so that i can help you further with your queries. ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. Hesham_3del

Hesham_3del MDL Novice

Jun 8, 2012
    You forget No. 7

7. This is a troll reply and the OP must lol hard because I'm a super troller and my trolls are always genuine.

12. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    feelin' cool with that brilliant statements? :eek:

13. Smorgan

Smorgan Glitcher

Mar 25, 2010
    Sigh this is getting you guys no where. That being said he wanted to know what the source of the Activation watermark was. The answer to that is Sppsvc.exe and the general activation system used by windows. It is possible to remove these but it is unlikely you would achieve the licensing of all portions of the OS that a full activated copy would have.

14. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    #14 PaulDesmond, Oct 14, 2013
    yep, and that exactly is the problem so I ask the question: what is this good for? 8/81. activation is a hard nut to be cracked and I assume it takes longer than the new 9 will be out and on the road :D
    ... and deleting the watermark does not activate as we all know, to make this clear for some who believe an invisible nag screen is like activated

15. =)(=

=)(= Guest

Please make the Windows 8 forum moderated again, so all threads have to be approved by mods first.

16. Smorgan

Smorgan Glitcher

Mar 25, 2010
    Actually with the similarities between windows 8 and windows 8.1 the amount of time to crack it would be the same lol. In other words if you wanted to crack windows 8 you could crack windows 8.1 too.

That being said cracking windows is difficult as you have to be very careful with the OS as its fragile for modding stuff lol

17. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    happy to read your comment on this matter. What does it tell us? Old ways to activate an OS are worn out. Let us stick with KMS and have a functional system as it seems that all other fiddling destroys windows which is not intended to happen

18. Smorgan

Smorgan Glitcher

Mar 25, 2010
    #18 Smorgan, Oct 14, 2013
    Ok there is no singular good way to put this but your wrong in every way.

The Windows 8.1 OS added onto the OS licensing so it did not change it completely. Eventually we will be able to use KMS activation by getting a server dump from an institution using it as their main OS.

Well I suppose I should go on... (MS spies are gonna love this)... Windows 8.1 still has the flaws in the OS which enable easy bypassing of the activation prompts the only issue is that if you go that route you probably will not get all that you want in the Licensing like being able to change the Desktop Wallpaper ;)

I would imagine at some point Daz will even be able to make a loader with the OEM activation that ships out soon. To be clear my stance is that I never liked KMS Activation or Loader Activation as it seemed inefficient when I just wanna be able to destroy the activation in the least evident ways possible.

This being said MDL forums is not a cracking forum so yaaa

19. murphy78

murphy78 MDL DISM Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2012
    If someone came up with an activation that fooled the system into thinking it was actually activated, without any background problems, we'd all probably use it.
    The fact is that they don't. If you look on any hacktivated system, or any non-standard activated system you will see tons of background errors.
    You can even see lots of errors on a win8.0 kms activated pro upgraded to prowmc. It's not officially supported and it messes up your system.

The same things happen with hacktivators, only to the nth degree. If they didn't cause all these background problems and actually made your system think it was activated (No they currently do not)
    then I'm sure a lot of us would start advocated for them.

There are certain websites that do deal with that kind of stuff. This is jut not one of them.

20. Smorgan

Smorgan Glitcher

Mar 25, 2010
    #20 Smorgan, Oct 15, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2013