Any nifty tricks or utilities to get Windows 10 Home to Join A Domain ?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by jaladhjin, Nov 22, 2020.

1. jaladhjin

jaladhjin MDL Novice

Nov 26, 2013
    These machines don't have Pro on them & that may be the most legitimate "easiest" option but the question stands.

Any nifty tricks or utilities to get a Home install on a Domain ?

2. WindowsGeek

WindowsGeek MDL Expert

Jun 30, 2015
    Your best bet would be to upgrade your licenses theirs tons of COA Pro sticker pics floating around the net that u can find and use them to upgrade your machines.

3. coleoptere2007

coleoptere2007 MDL Guru

Apr 8, 2008
    You will need to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro in order to access resources on a Windows Server Domain. Click Start > Settings > Update & security > Activation > Go to Store

4. pm67310

pm67310 MDL Guru

Sep 6, 2011
    Choose change product key and insert windows 10 pro ( product key )

Use windows 10 pro gvlk to switch to pro

And activate with legit windows 10 pro key or old windows 7 or windows 8.x pro product key or buy oem key

Or search for massgravel ( but not legal )

Not more discussion allowed about massgravel ( google is your friends )

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. NoTears

NoTears MDL Member

Aug 24, 2020
    Afaik, you can't join to a domain without an active directory server.

6. jaladhjin

jaladhjin MDL Novice

Nov 26, 2013
    Well the environments disappointingly do have Domain Controllers while also having Home OS'd PCs because.. well.. it hurts me to say how stupid some people are.

For professional sake I couldn't do any sorts of unofficial solutions for the activation so that's why I thought well.. if I can keep them in line for the most part with perhaps some nifty registry modifications or something to enable that option that's totally there just greyed out that might be one workaround I could tolerate implementing into these environments.

They're the smallest of the small companies too so the idea of possibly having to pay for Pro upgrades is more than they care to consider.. & don't understand or care about the differences & limitations of Home vs Pro.

"Just trying the upgrade & hoping for the best on activation" doesn't make me feel good either since if it doesn't activate.. I don't want to employ any methods I know would work but aren't very professional y'know.. much more so than maybe adding a few registry keys.

And thanks for the advice all :)

7. pm67310

pm67310 MDL Guru

Sep 6, 2011
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. NoTears

NoTears MDL Member

Aug 24, 2020
    it's necessary if you use the generic key i posted on recent win10 home editions.
    It's not necessary if the member has a legit win10 pro retail key.
    Don't know about the gvlk pro key, i will have to test.
    Regarding massgravel, yes i know that.