Any solution for Hangs up@boot with hyper-v/virtulisation enabled?

Discussion in 'Virtualization' started by bonyjose, Oct 19, 2013.

1. bonyjose

bonyjose MDL Novice

Jan 12, 2013
    i have this problem with my laptop which has windows 8 proWMC x64 installed,when i enable virulisation from bios and try to enable hyper v inside os,it hangs while booting? i read from somewhere that it is a bug with some gigabyte boards,so anybody experienced this problem,or ahve found any solution for this?

2. rafa_anabe

rafa_anabe MDL Novice

Oct 20, 2013
    There are a few requirements that must be met to enable Hyper-V on Windows 8. According the TechNet article, other than SLAT, you must also have 4GB of RAM and the system must be 64-bit. These requirements are listed on the Client Hyper-V page on TechNet.
    There is a simple check that you can also run to verify that your system meets the requirements. Open a command prompt and type ‘systeminfo.exe’ (without the quotes) and hit enter. The last section will show four lines:
    VM Monitor Mode Extensions:
    Virtualization Enabled in Firmware:
    Second Level Address Translation:
    Data Execution Prevention Available:
    These will have either ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ next to them, which should help you to track down the exact issue that is stopping you from enabling Hyper-V on your system.
    More information about Hyper-V and other new features in Windows 8 can be found on the Explore page of the Springboard Series on TechNet

3. bonyjose

bonyjose MDL Novice

Jan 12, 2013
    3 of them are enabled,like i said if i enable virtulisation from bios,i cant boot up os at all..

and no,i don't use a potato,mine is hp envy m6 with i5,6gb ram,7670 gpu..:)