Any way to do an unattended upgrade?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by halasz, Sep 1, 2015.

1. halasz

halasz MDL Member

Jan 13, 2013
    #1 halasz, Sep 1, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2015
    I have a Lenovo X201 laptop running 8.1 Pro that I sat on and broke the screen. Trying to replace it I managed to blow some fuse and now VGA doesn't work either.

It is however quite useful (I use it as a media server) and I can connect through RDP once it boots. Obviously I can't see BIOS or enter anything until log-in screen is reached.

Is there any way I can make the upgrade not ask me any questions? Or is there something I can boot from that will accept remote desktop connections (without asking any questions)?

I tried taking the hard disk out and booting it from my MacBook via an external USB enclosure but it just hangs on the Windows icon with revolving dots so I can't seem to do it that way.

To be clear, I can't see the screen but I'd like to upgrade if I can, if somehow all the questions asked (Accepting license, skipping keys, etc) can be answered automatically.

Otherwise I'll have to stay on 8.1.

2. hbhb

hbhb MDL Expert

Dec 15, 2010
    maybe you can install teamviewer on it while on 8.1, remote ctrl it, I dunno give it a shot:throw:

3. halasz

halasz MDL Member

Jan 13, 2013
  4. halasz

halasz MDL Member

Jan 13, 2013
    No. TeamViewever requires an operating system to run on. It does not run before the OS loads. I do like it but it isn't applicable in this case.