Any way to get Win 10 Zuangongban Edition in English language?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by intelarmamd, Mar 28, 2016.

1. intelarmamd

intelarmamd MDL Member

Dec 21, 2012
    As MS has provided China with its Zuangongban Edition which means "Specially-Provided Edition" which has no telemetry and spying and universal apps is there a way to get this edition and change its language to English?:g:

2. Gharlane00

Gharlane00 MDL Addicted

Aug 26, 2009
    If it is for China, I would expect that it has more Draconian, Government spying built in to it than anything that NSA and GCHQ could ever dream of.

3. SOCRATE_MMXII

SOCRATE_MMXII MDL Expert

Jan 25, 2012
    Neah, it's Chinese Govt. Spying software+NSA+GCHQ together. :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    At least it seems the Chinese have enough influence on M$ making them to change windows to their needs.
    I wish the EU would have enough balls to do the same....but no..so I have to use Linux instead of w10.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    In the past europe did influence ms a little bit, but for now they do nothing about win 10. We also don't hear anything from the privacy watchdogs, in Germany they normally are on top of those things, in Holland too but at the moment we only hear about privacy bashing by android apps and fb overhere, nothing about win 10 :(

6. abbodi1406

abbodi1406 MDL KB0000001

Feb 19, 2011
    CoreCountrySpecific (ak China edition) is MUI-locked, and won't run properly if language changed to non zh-cn

this "Zhuan Gong Ban" edition won't be different

7. GezoeSloog

GezoeSloog knows a guy, who knows another guy.

Feb 10, 2012
    And got "N" editions :mocking:

Who is Zhuan? :druff:

8. EmmaRoyd

EmmaRoyd Guest

you dont trust miscrosoft/nsa, so you are looking to a version 'approved' by the chinese government? :eek: :help2::help2:

blimey, cloud cookoo land does exist then :wha:

9. thorin0815

thorin0815 MDL Senior Member

Jul 16, 2015
    Where's the difference? In terms of spying the U.S. goverment isn't any better, probably much worse. At least you could get a crap (apps) free up to date Windows 10 version when using the Zuangongban edition.

10. Gharlane00

Gharlane00 MDL Addicted

Aug 26, 2009
    If you are really looking for a way to notify the Chinese Government of all your internet activity, just use your local version of Windows 10 on a Lenovo laptop.

11. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007

They do nothing more at all!
    It has become worse.....with google and Android. It seems those US companies can realize what they want and nobody is checking if it is conform to EU privacy laws.

The frequency of updates which are released and the variety of different devices (mobile phones)...

Different manufacturers for Android: Samsung, HTC, Sony, Huawei....
    The different carrier versions and different android version....and updates everyday..just watch Sammobile (Samsung android updates only)
    Who there @the EU can have a clue???

In fact they have NO control about US companies what they release via OTA update.
    We the consumers have no shelter from EU....
    M$ just caught up what Android did already...

I find it good that the Chinese have enforced to get a own w10 version.

12. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    No doubt about that the EU care less about privicy these days the gouverment of the Netherlands is getting worse and worse ! Just playing stupid. I find it good that Chinese gouverment is getting their policy pushed on an compagny like microsoft to get their own version nothing wrong with that but I can't stand behind the way chinese gouverment is working in these days but that's beside the point :tea: