Any Windows 7E or Windows 7N torrents?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by tomorrow, Jul 25, 2009.

1. tomorrow

tomorrow MDL Addicted

Jul 3, 2008
    I would love to get my hands on Win7E x64 :D

For those who have been living under a rock:
    7E - Internet Explorer removed by MS(IE Core files still intact so you can use Firefox+IE Tab incase of website compability issues)
    7N - Internet Explorer & Windows Media Player removed by MS(I assume Windows Media Core files are still present for playing wmp strems on net and for Mediacenter)

Ask wzor or zukona to post these lol :)

2. kukubau

kukubau MDL Addicted

Dec 15, 2008
    #3 kukubau, Jul 25, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2009
    sorry

I thought they were saying something else. What I've read is that they'll let users chose what browser they want instead of just removing IE.

3. Lenmaer

Lenmaer MDL Addicted

Jul 3, 2009
    I think it's better to have a popup asking you what browser you wanna use or install.

4. tomorrow

tomorrow MDL Addicted

Jul 3, 2008
    Damn.I guess MS will not make 7E/7N ISOs until this situation has cleared with the EU comission

I sure hope there will be 7E/7N ISOs.

Hopefully they wont integrate other browser installers into ISO.If they simply provide links within Windows Update etc then that doesent bother me

5. curriegrad2004

curriegrad2004 MDL Novice

Dec 3, 2008
    Besides, who really wants the 7N or 7K editions of Microsoft's OS?

Stupid EU people bitching about how Microsoft handles its browsers and yet Apple isn't being bitched at for its own OS that comes with even more what Microsoft bundles with Windows.

6. Burch

Burch MDL Novice

Jul 25, 2009
    Perhaps to ease the update to the retail version that they plan to get in October.

The latest Microsoft compromise seems fair, stop whining about what doesn't affect you.

7. sonyman

sonyman MDL Novice

Jul 24, 2009
    Nor should Apple be bitched at. They're not the market leader and don't have monopoly status. I don't agree with the EU's rulings with respect to Microsoft but it doesn't really affect anything in the end, since all functionality can be restored through a simple download.

8. tomorrow

tomorrow MDL Addicted

Jul 3, 2008
    People like me who like to remove as much bloat as possible that they dont use.And if some of that bloat is removed by MS i`ll take that ISO over normal one anyday :rolleyes:

I dont remove to save space.Thats pointless considering how cheap HDD storage is.I also dont remove to save RAM because from usability standpoint it doesent matter is OS uses 400MB or 800MB if you have 2GB.

I remove because i dont like extra bloat in my UI and sitting in my HDD doing nothing.Besides is use Firefox so if IE is removed by default then it makes my life just a bit easyier.Hence the need for E version.I wont be using N version because i still use a lot of WMP.Who knows.Maybe that will also change over the years.

9. Lenmaer

Lenmaer MDL Addicted

Jul 3, 2009
    Well anyway you'll need ie8 one day, because on some sites you've to install activex control which isn't supported by firefox.
    For example, some free mmorpg requires that you launch the game from their website, and for doing this you need ie8 and the activex controls.

10. tomorrow

tomorrow MDL Addicted

Jul 3, 2008
    Havent needed it so far.Firefox + IETab even work on MS own websites that (when browsed with IE) require ActiveX component install.

11. LiquidSolstice

LiquidSolstice MDL Novice

Jun 5, 2008
    First off, dumbass, your computer CAN'T get bloated by what you never use.

Second, it's not BLOAT. IE is an essential part of Windows, and not just for web browsing.

Third, are you really going to be so damn nitpicky that you'll throw away the chance to get the actual real Win7 OEM RTM just because of IE? That's sheer stupidty and pigheadedness.

IE isn't being removed because it "bloats". It's being "removed" (because technically, it still exists) because the EU just loves to have one thing or another to bitch about.

Besides, if you're really so infernally convinced that IE slows down your computer, you can always remove it through the Regular Win7 install.

There is simply no reason to use E or N at all.

I'm sorry to be so rude, but it pisses me off when Microsoft works so damn hard to make such a nice proudct which is a huge step up from it's last OS, and yet there are STILL misinformed sheep out there like you.

12. meowie

meowie MDL Junior Member

Jul 12, 2009
    stopped reading at dumbass , great argumentation .