Anybody know what these two things are....??

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Rickkins, Oct 19, 2015.

1. Rickkins

Rickkins MDL Senior Member

Jul 29, 2009
    #1 Rickkins, Oct 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  2. dhjohns

dhjohns MDL Guru

Sep 5, 2013
    #2 dhjohns, Oct 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. BubuXP

BubuXP MDL Member

Jul 21, 2009
    How crazy is asking the permission to the user to collect his data?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. David34

David34 MDL Member

Sep 6, 2015
    @dhjohns did he say or ask for permission if he can block Microsoft telemetry? You're some really $%¡¿{¿¿ person. It's his pc he can do with it whatever he pleased and Microsoft should give him a chance of choosing if he want to share his pictures, emails, documents, bank account numbers, phone numbers, with Microsoft or not. Microsoft doesn't ask they just collect data they want.

5. dhjohns

dhjohns MDL Guru

Sep 5, 2013
    If you think that you share pictures, emails, documents, bank account numbers, phone numbers, with Microsoft, then you have much to learn my friend!

6. David34

David34 MDL Member

Sep 6, 2015
    @dhjinks did bill kick you in your whatever or something? Everyone who cares to read privacy policy before installing windows 10 know that Microsoft may collect any data from your pc whenever they feel like. I genuinely hope Microsoft will find those naked pics of children you keep in your pc and they will inform fbi and you end in jail and then you will love Windows 10 no more

7. dhjohns

dhjohns MDL Guru

Sep 5, 2013
    Stop spamming. Take your tinfoil hat, and go somewhere else.

8. David34

David34 MDL Member

Sep 6, 2015
    @dhjohns keep sucking bills balls if you do it well he might employ you ;)

9. dhjohns

dhjohns MDL Guru

Sep 5, 2013
    LOL, you are a funny guy! Don't get your panties all in a bunch now. You can believe what you want to believe, but that doesn't make it true, nor does it give you the right to insult. It is people like you who give MDL a bad name.

10. SOCRATE_MMXII

SOCRATE_MMXII MDL Expert

Jan 25, 2012
    :laie:
    It's so old fashioned to put up a "user wishlist"?
    Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight...

How about a questionnaire on the MS page? Would have been that old fashioned?

P.S. I need your bank account number and PIN and social security number...'cause I want to know you better, what do you say? :laie:

Lame M$ troll...

11. dhjohns

dhjohns MDL Guru

Sep 5, 2013
    Yes, a wish list is a bit old fashioned, and if you think that MS wants that sort of info, than you aren't thinking straight. Also, why are you calling me names? You do not appreciate the truth? Are we all on MDL to ridicule each other, and call each other names? I think not. If you want to think of me as lame, that is a reflection on you, not me.

12. SOCRATE_MMXII

SOCRATE_MMXII MDL Expert

Jan 25, 2012
    :laie:

So, if I ask a glass of water of you is old fashioned.
    If I hold a gun to your head, empty your house, trash your life, that would be OK with you... :g:

No, you're not lame...you're a M$ troll... :laie:

13. dhjohns

dhjohns MDL Guru

Sep 5, 2013
    I appreciate the threats. I really do. I hope you get banned.

14. Underclocked

Underclocked MDL Member

Sep 3, 2013
    dhjohns, you spout your info as fact when it is anything but. I really have to wonder about your motivation. Can you show me where you have completely analyzed the data MS collects as a foundation for your cheerleader opinions? I don't believe you have any basis in fact to support your continued garbage flow.

Now PROVE me wrong, please.

15. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014
    guys MS is the least of your worries....is federal government thats collecting all mega data everything u ever said or posted on the web, every site u ever surf to.....and that goes on everyday until u die....so u cares what MS collects on u, thats nothing compare to what big brother is doing to u:eek:

16. dhjohns

dhjohns MDL Guru

Sep 5, 2013
    LOL, I am not worried about either of them. :cool:

17. Kuantum Freak

Kuantum Freak MDL Junior Member

Mar 30, 2015
    Really?

Does it matter if MS collects data or not? it's not like they will sell that data to 3rd parties. if they do, do you realize how big of a scandal it would become? if politicians can't keep their emails secret, how do you expect a company large as MS to keep selling your information a secret?;)

Another point, you guys are just shaming MS, but have you ever looked at Google, or Apple? their platforms, Android and iOS have been sending back data for a while now.

on a side note, people complain about MS pre downloading W10 on W8/7 PCs. Apple have been downloading updates without the user's consent for ages, it's a pain because it takes up data on my iPad

I don't want to be spammed hate because of this post, but please chill and look at his more logicallyo_O

18. zero2dash

zero2dash MDL Member

Aug 30, 2012
    #19 zero2dash, Oct 19, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2015
    Do you have proof that they don't?
    No one has proof either way.
    We have what they say.
    Keep in mind, they also say that disabling the sliders and opting out causes no communication from W10 back to MS; this has been proven BS by several sites by using free network traffic analyzers (Fiddler, Wireshark).

Does that make it any better? Any more right?

You realize you're conversing in a Microsoft Windows forum, and people are talking about their personal issues with W10.
    We're not talking about Google or Apple because those topics belong on other forums.
    The lack of their mention makes no difference here.

The larger issue is the grand scale of data mining being done. Google knows what they do about me based on what's on my phone and in my Google account. Nothing else. They know nothing about me based on what's on my computer.

Microsoft has access (for the most part) to anything and everything on my computer. They claim otherwise, I say that's BS. The last salvation we have for a semblance of privacy is any OS prior to 10, and even then, it's now stretching it with all the BS they're pulling on 7 & 8 trying to hijack people's computers into forcing them to upgrade to 10. "It was an accident", the only accident is that you got caught red handed with your grubby mitts in the cookie jar. If that wasn't a blurb all over the net last week, do you think people would still be automatically being upgraded to 10? I sure the hell do.

I know nothing about Apple spying because I don't own rotten fruit and I don't plan on it. I haven't liked Apple since back in the PowerMac days before they turned into an elitist douche company.

19. odiebugs1

odiebugs1 MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2015
    Excellent point, very true. Remember that the vast vast vast majority of the people on MDL do not pay for windows and do not want telemetry sent. I believe they have FIVE MILLION insiders who opt in for it and give opinions and ask for changes.