Anybody tried hackintosh??

Discussion in 'macOS' started by rupsd, Jul 4, 2010.

1. rupsd

rupsd MDL Senior Member

May 27, 2010
    Anybody tried hackintosh on pc???

2. tnx

tnx MDL Expert

Sep 2, 2008
    yes....I did it had it running OK on my P4D 3.04 chip ( or summet like that ). I went into Currys one Saterday afternoon and saw this Apple PC running. Looked pretty good,damn expensive though.Then i read all i could about installing apple onto a PC. Took me ages and ages and ages,maybe even longer to get it working but i did it. But, i had no software to run on it. And all the buttons seemed to be on the opposte side ? Got bored and ditched it and never tried again.
    There was and still are deicated forums on it,have a google round,read a load of info and give it a go.No harm in trying but dont give up till you have done it.

my name is tn and I'm a PC......

3. duh

duh MDL Member

Jan 20, 2009
    wont. happy with debian. free speech. all the softwares i use are free and open source software and a few closed source binaries for free. aint have any plan to fancy about mac os X on my computer hardware. thanks but no thanks. mac hits my dustbin, hardware and software.

4. ericchak

ericchak MDL Junior Member

Sep 3, 2009
    yes, did it on many of my many pcs..... Samsung NC10 netbook (need BCM Wireless card changed), Foxconn G45MS (with Nvidia G210 card), Foxconn 945G, Foxconn 965G (need lan card driver modified), Asus W7SG notebook (need to change wifi card), Acer 5570 notebook, Asrock 945G, IBM T43 notebook......

99% installed with original MAC OS X 10.6.3 then updated to 10.6.4 and IBM T43 installed with Hack version as old ide problem. Foxconn G45MS installed with Win7, Mac OSX 10.6.4 and Mac Server 10.6.4 tri boot, Foxconn 945G installed with Win7, MacOSX 10.6.4 and Ubuntu, no problem at all but you need the right drivers (kext)

Most important is hardware compatable, most likely a Intel CPU (as above my experience, Celeron, Core2 dual, Atom, no problem), AHCI SATA, 945G display is most easy, Nvidia display is a 99% go, Realtek lan card is 99% go, Broadcom wifi is 99% go (not the intel wifi).

All the above installed with boothink 2.4.6 which easy for dual boot and kexts installation except T43 as installed with Hackintoch which came with Chameleon.

Programs for Mac - Adobe CS4, (now can try CS5), Toast, MS Office 2008, MSN, Skype, QQ, MS remote desktop, Solidwork e-drawing (For viewing solidworkds, autocad files), no need for antivirus. Stable.

5. BIOSNOIDEA

BIOSNOIDEA MDL Senior Member

Mar 8, 2009
    OSX Experiences

Stability???????? my bloody foot. Update 10.6.4 wipes off the input microphone or audio card all together and well known and documented for ULTRA GENUINE MACS AS WELL !!!!!!!!!!!!:D

They will end up llike SUN microsystems....................vanishing.....................even Microsoft.

Anyway, have installed it to an ASUS P5B Deluxe and did both......OSX and OSX Server. Ok but with update 10.6.4 (started with 10.6.3) audio goes to H..............

For as long as operating systems exist (fibre to the home and cloud computing..........see IBM return to mainframe with blade servers and Linux) Microsoft is Microsoft and no way Jose we can deny that............with or without viruses...........................

Windows 7 and Windows 2008 Server platforms are bloody good, period.

MS will have their dramas, I repeat, cloud computing will kill lots of things and we will pay for every packet coming via fibre optic.

I also used VM WARE on the P5 Deluxe with no dramas to run MAS OSX.

IT IS A GLORIFIED LINUX

6. ericchak

Sep 3, 2009
    Since 99% my audio drivers (VoodooHDA.kext) put into the bootthink folder or /extra folders not using install method, so it really doesn't matter any upgrade or updates, it is still there. Further checked with NC10 which using installed method not put into /extra folder, it works fine, no problem at all (ALC272 chip)

Attached Files:

• NC10.jpg
      NC10.jpg
      File size:
      48.4 KB
      Views:
  7. crabhunter

crabhunter MDL Junior Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Works perfectly for me on an EP-45 ds3r with nvidia 9800gt Snow leopard 10.6.4

8. tnx

tnx MDL Expert

Sep 2, 2008
    Just installed the latest iAtkos S3 v2 Snow Leopard. 10.6.3.

Worked a treat.

If you want PM me for the link. It's a torrent and i think posting torrent links is not allowed...

I did use this site though to get the link

h##p://uphuck.ggrn.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=12383

9. rupsd

rupsd MDL Senior Member

May 27, 2010
    As biosnoidea said its just a glorified linux.
    well why take so trouble when you can easily install linux distributions like ubuntu.

10. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    For me it's meanly for the fun of it. And for my thesis/integrated test I'm giong to compare severel aspects of osc, linux and windows. So actually I have to get it working in vmware.
    And it's exactly what biosnoidea said: a glorified linux.
    Every linux distro runs on a regular pc, so it should be able with osx too!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. ericchak

Sep 3, 2009
    Originally Posted by sebus
    Because they can?
    Because it is fun?
    Because they can not afford real overpriced Mac?

At least that does it for me

sebus

That's the points we keep trying, thanks Sebus, you made the points, actually not so trouble if you success in one then the others....

12. msm5

msm5 MDL Novice

Oct 8, 2009
    I've made many successful builds. Try google for hte multitude of guides on the internet for hardware selection and installation.

13. $The-King$

$The-King$ MDL Novice

Aug 4, 2009
    that is right you must select comptable hardware and rest of insatllation is easy

14. GraveR

GraveR MDL Novice

Jun 18, 2009
    Fairly easy using Empire EFI and an 'untouched' OS X install disc.

15. sofatiger51

sofatiger51 MDL Senior Member

Mar 3, 2010
    Because of what Apple chose intentionally to limit compatibility of its OS exclusively to Apple certified hardware only so that Apple can charge very high price for Apple computer, I changed my mind about iphone 4 and also changed my mind on iPad. For a glorified Linux, I will go with Ultimate Edition distro of Ubuntu 10.04 any time of the day and it works so well with Windows 7. SAYONARA, Apple.

16. chmod-uk

chmod-uk MDL Novice

Jul 23, 2010
    Have snow leopard installed on my asus p5q, works great. Use it for music with presonus studio one and loads of audio units. I do understand linux as it's been my server for about 10 years now, prefer gentoo for the package management. Osx is a heavily modified bsd underneath, slackware linux also uses the same runscript style structure as bsd which i used for a few years before going to gentoo.

All you need for an easy osx install is a core intel precessor and an intel chipset. Updates are easy if you use a bootloader like chameleon, no messing about with replacing and removing certain kexts. Dual booted with Windows 7 so best of both worlds.

This is my "not" impressive hardware:

Asus p5q
    Core2duo e4300
    Audiofire4
    NVidia 9800gt
    4G Ram
    Big hard drive
    Real mac keyboard.

17. 312BhP

312BhP MDL Novice

Jul 17, 2009
    I have a nice triple boot system (Win7 64, Ubuntu 64, Mac OS X 10.6.4), it turns out I selected compatable Mac hardware without even knowing about it!
    I also use VMware to run the same OS's from Windows if I don't want or need to reboot, works really well...

18. noexcuses

noexcuses MDL Novice

Jan 13, 2008
    Yes and No

Does FreeBSD count? Wait, this OS is a much better BSD kernel derivative.