Anybody with an Insyde bios and familiar with recovery?

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by Yen, Nov 3, 2009.

1. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #1 Yen, Nov 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
    Hi,

we are trying to develop a automated mod method using LZMA.exe. It compresses the bios in another way. Anyway EzH20.exe, the common tool to open / edit those bioses, opens such modified bioses fine.
    We need to know if they are working.

You should be familiar with the Insyde recovery method: (or any other working recovery method....spare chip, EEPROM program device, hot swap / flash).

http://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/7033

I would be very happy if somebody can try. This would be another step ahead regarding automated modifying.
    If you are able to, please reply with a link to your original bios. You'll get a mod to try. We (probably) need just one try for ;)

Waiting for reply.:)

Thanks.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Phrunt was so kind to try it..it worked...:)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. dvvz

dvvz MDL Novice

Nov 2, 2009
    #3 dvvz, Nov 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
    TM4730G bricked, would you please HELP?

I bricked my nb the day before, and tried the following procedure, but failed:

-get the official .FD file of the VERY version when it came to me for my notebook, copy and

rename them to the first 1, 2, ..., 8 digits, .FD and .BIN;
    -put newly named file(s) on a FAT16 USB stick (or a blank CD-RW, MS-DOS bootable, or GRUB

installed, or with the .FD image into the boot sector of the CD, or just a BLANK one), plug

it (or the CD, or both) in the notebook;
    -unplug notebook;
    -remove battery;
    -unit (removed any usb devices, and even HDD, anything else?) off, press and hold Fn+Esc

(mine are probably NOT Windows key and B);
    -plug in AC power while holding those buttons, at this moment it's power LED , together with

the LED on the Power Button, flashed an orange color, only once, just a blink;
    -turn on notebook (pressed the Power Button while holding Fn+Esc), let go of all buttons,

then the LED lights come on, and the fan began to output an abnormal wind speed and noise,

for only about 2~5 seconds, at the same time the USB stick flashed once (just once) and the

DVD-rom tried to read something, but they seemed to find noting, for I think it had hardly

any time to read anything from the USB disk or the CD;
    -then the machine powered down itself and never wakeup, even if press any button;
    -the notebook would NOT made ANY beep at all;
    -pluged off the book, repluged it, pressed the Power button in the normal way, the book

would be turned on for 1~3 seconds, trying to read something, and powered off itself, then

1~3 seconds later it powered on itself again, then off, ..., repeatedly, endlessly;

Does the filenames missmatches my systems motherboard code?
    How can I find the right name of it?
    Can you HELP me, please?:confused:

4. cesar527

cesar527 MDL Novice

Jan 6, 2010
    i would like to know if you found the right name of the file.
    I've a LG laptop with brong bios and I'm trying to recovery bios and I don't found the correct way to do it
    thanks