Anyone else get a recent random reboot?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by nosirrahx, Sep 23, 2021.

1. nosirrahx

nosirrahx MDL Expert

Nov 7, 2017
    If it was just on a single PC I would have ignored it but now a second Windows 10 PC has randomly rebooted. On reboot everything seems normal and there doesn't seem to be an update recorded. The only evidence that this happened is in event logs:

The kernel power manager has initiated a shutdown transition.

Shutdown Reason: Kernel API

The reboot acts exactly like I selected the reboot option from the start menu.

2. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Check out your memory modules!

The best way to do that physically is to take them out of their sockets. Now take a soft Pencil Rubber and use it to clean the connector feet (both sides) by rubbing a few times all over them. Take the modules back in the sockets and restart the computer. See it has helped to solve the problem or it comes back.

Maybe the same is to apply for all PCI/PCIe cards as well! Air moisture could be simply the problem!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. nosirrahx

nosirrahx MDL Expert

Nov 7, 2017
    Yeah its not hardware as this happened on 2 different systems. The reboot was also not a BSOD, it was a regular reboot as if I had gone to the start menu and selected reboot.

There is no error in event logs, only a note that the systems was rebooting.

The only commonality between the 2 systems is that the are both generation 7 Intel systems.

I also want to make it clear that each system had this happen exactly once and in both cases this happened in September.

I noted the other time this happened here:

https://forums.mydigitallife.net/th...21h1-2-vb_release.80763/page-418#post-1689221

BTW, both systems are on the same build (19044) and in both cases this happened shortly after a CU was installed.