Anyone else having trouble accessing Windows Loader?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by tommis15, Apr 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tommis15

tommis15 MDL Novice

Feb 14, 2014
    The website gives me the following: (wont allow me to post url as I have less than 20 posts)

Invalid Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

Any suggestions?

2. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Just follow the Forum Rules, which includes the Post's Count's and you're done quite quickly (if you're seriously looking for serious help!)! Just go the way all Members was need to go! If that's asked to much, may better move on to an different place.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. tommis15

tommis15 MDL Novice

Feb 14, 2014
    @pisthai

I never said I wouldn't follow the rules. I just mentioned that I could not put a link to the page as I had less than 20 posts (I made it clear what page I was referring to in my title)...

4. tommis15

tommis15 MDL Novice

Feb 14, 2014
    Thanks, exactly what I was looking for!

+1

:worthy:

5. ByteMaster

ByteMaster MDL Novice

Apr 13, 2009
    @CarlosDetweiller Thanks, just found that post myself. Still a bit overkill to hide the entire thread instead of just temporarily disabling the links, but that is not for me to decide.

6. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    The thread being there would results in the website host taking MDL offline. So we need to do some more things with it before it's back. It should hopefully be soon :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Humphrey

Humphrey MDL Expert

Dec 13, 2011
    So why exactly are they taking MDL offline because of the contents of your thread.

8. diesalweasel

diesalweasel MDL Novice

Jan 26, 2011
    Hay daz would just like to say nice work with your loaded credit to you for your hard work and effort you put in to keep up good work and remember knowledge is power :) ps I'm just your average computer repairer mainly repairing laptops I know absolutely nothing about writing programs etc way over my head lol but it nice to greet you

9. Daz

Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Because the host uses a list of companies to try to keep websites clean. One of the companies that the host's connected with (through another company) is Microsoft and so it's likely that Microsoft put in a false report calling that page malicious by saying that it was a landing exploit. The host then gave the website owner 24 hours to remove that specific link or their account would of been terminated.

The thread will be back with a new ID and name, a slightly new layout and all mentions of the word "virus" has been removed. We've also capped the number of thanks/likes that can be displayed throughout MDL to reduce server load. So if we get another complaint then we can counter it and say that it's censorship as there's nothing special about that page and we don't even host any of the files.

@ diesalweasel
    Thanks you :)

10. rjk123

rjk123 MDL Member

Apr 29, 2011
    Would it be safer to post download links indirectly, i.e. supply a link for user to download a text file which lists the download sites for the loader?

11. diesalweasel

diesalweasel MDL Novice

Jan 26, 2011
    That what a lot of people do now they usaley put the app in rar file and password it and put the password on the text file and they will use rapid share mediafire on the lines of them and also they will rename the file to something else so it doesent get detection what about drop box or google drive . I have known people to put them on sky drive lol nothing like under there nose

12. diesalweasel

diesalweasel MDL Novice

Jan 26, 2011
    daz is there anychance you could pm me please so i can reply to it. i have a quesion i have and i dont want ms to see it via google just incase . this website will not allow me to pm you till i have made 5 post and i hve only managed 3 so far. ps your welcome to post my message to you on this forum to share with everyon else

13. Daz

Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    It wouldn't make much difference. The URL for the that page is what ends up flagged and not the links within it. That's why I'm thinking about going torrent only as it's much easier to maintain.

@ diesalweasel
    That's one thing I want to avoid, especially as a rar file. There's a reason I use zip and that's so that everyone can always access the executable without the need for any extra software.

I sent you a PM. Hopefully you can reply.

14. CaptainKirk1966

CaptainKirk1966 Former MDL Guru

Oct 31, 2009
    Yes, zip files are more portable. Torrent only? Some places have restricted access to torrents also. I'd worry about your support thread becoming flooded by everybody and his brother posting mirrors to get around the torrent only thing.

15. Daz

Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Yeah, that's the only issue with the idea at the moment. For now I've kept a direct download link because although it's not the fastest file host there's no adware tricks going on like there is with solidfiles and their fake download buttons.

16. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    Ahh, good to see the thread back :good3:.

17. CODYQX4

CODYQX4 MDL Developer

Sep 4, 2009
    Yep, I went torrent only a long time back because 2.3.X links were dropping like flies and DataFileHost which was popular here added their "download manager" causing a few people to get bitten by crapware. murphy78 always posts the magnet at TPB.