Anyone Else Having Trouble With Adobe Flash In Windows 7?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by beltman713, Dec 1, 2009.

1. beltman713

beltman713 MDL Novice

Oct 12, 2009
    Ever since I installed Windows 7, I have been having trouble watching flash videos on sites like youtube and hulu. The video in constantly pausing and buffering. I then created a separate partition using Windows 7 disk management and installed XP on it. When I have trouble watching a video, I'll reboot into XP and go back to the same video. It plays fine in XP. Anyone have this problem? Anyone have any ideas?

2. NoGoodNick

NoGoodNick MDL Novice

Aug 24, 2009
    It may not be Flash. First, Flash x64 has Yet to be developed (which shouldn't stop you from running in x86 mode on a x64 install). Second, most of the Vista codecs no longer work that well. Try downloading "Windows 7 Codecs v2". I had a third point but I can no longer remember it. :p

Or, it may be something completely different. :rolleyes:

3. mario35

mario35 MDL Novice

Aug 16, 2009
    try tweaking network settings for downloads and uploads. maybe get tweaking program that does it for you. I use tuneup utilities 2010 for windows 7 and had no problems watching videos on the web.

4. burfadel

burfadel MDL EXE>MSP/CAB

Aug 19, 2009
    I think there may be a problem with the latest flash and Firefox under Windows 7. If you leave a page open for a long time that has flash content, it seems to take the programme thread usage to 100 percent. That is, on a quad core cpu usage shows as 25 percent for Firefox, since it is single threaded (or at least the flash component is inside Firefox). It may not have anything to do with that, but just something I've noticed and it is readily reproducible.

5. ckhurana

ckhurana MDL Novice

Nov 3, 2009
    Well...I just stumbled here by chance..and want to say that Flash is really flashing RED with Win 7 + Firefox + Flash. Don;t knwo why but it really is causing all browsing to become slow on my new Dell XPS 1640 (Win 7 64 bit + 2.4 GHz with 4 GB RAM).If any one has any suggestions, pitch in!

Need help here to get this resolved..

6. beltman713

beltman713 MDL Novice

Oct 12, 2009
    I'm using Windows 7 32bit with firefox. I tried IE 8, Seamonkey and Google Chrome, there was no difference. I uninstalled Adobe Flash and reinstalled it, still no difference.

7. August59

August59 MDL Novice

Nov 27, 2009
    Don't know if there is any truth to this and it's a little above my head. I'm still having a lot of problems with "Stop running this script" and "Flash Player is running slow"(something to this effect), but I read something about Adobe Flash Player and Windows 7 not harmonizing correctly. It stated that all of the script processing was being put on the GPU or the CPU and not processing script as needed and passing on to proper path.

8. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    #10 timesurfer, Feb 1, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2010
    No but I did or am having problems getting Add ons to work in FF. I usually like firebug and developer but they install but I never see them in the browser or tool bar? And this isn't meant to be a highjack like someone else said i did. I just thought it was a similar browser based question?