Anyone good with this stuff?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Knightrise, Aug 15, 2013.

1. Knightrise

Knightrise MDL Novice

Aug 15, 2013
    #1 Knightrise, Aug 15, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2013
    Hello,

I built my computer back in March, and ever since I have been getting BSOD every once in awhile. It mainly occurs when I am either playing a game or rendering a video in Sony Vegas. I don't recall it happening any other time.

I'll admit I don't know much about this kind of stuff, so I haven't really been sure what to do. But the main bug check that I have been getting is SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. And the crash address is ntoskrnl.exe+a6622. It does change from time to time though.

Also, sometimes it just crashes and the bluescreen doesn't pop up. It just locks up and I have to manually shut down the computer.

My friend supplied me with Windows 7 when we put my computer together. So I'm not sure if Windows is causing the problem. I've already tried running memtest86 and I've ran some test on my hard drive, everything seemed to be fine. I have a few files that I can provide from the SF Diagnostic tool.

If anyone could maybe check it out for me, I'd really appreciate it.

I'll attach my files below. Thanks.

Edit- Wasn't aware I couldn't post links. Any suggestions on how I can share my info?

Once again thanks for anyone who is able to help me out.

2. steven4554

steven4554 MDL Expert

Jul 12, 2009
    Did you install update KB2859537, cause if you did, this update causes BSOD's when users start playing certain games. The only way fix this is to uninstall this update, and wait until MS issues a new fix for this bug.

As for your second question, you can still provide links, just put hxxp:// before the rest of your web address or ask a member (with over 20 posts) to post them for you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Mutagen

Mutagen MDL Addicted

Feb 18, 2013
    I had a real wacky issue with BSOD a few weeks ago. It seemed to be somewhat random, but more prone during increased video activity. I never suspected the memory, as it is high quality from a popular manufacturer. But yes, it was the memory. Put your memory through a couple of cycles of testing. I'll bet you 5 cents (5 cents is my absolute limit) that your ram is bad.

4. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Does it only happen when the GPU is under heavy load?
    Have you updated any windows updates / latest drivers / using latest graphic device drivers?

Since he made memtest without any issues I guess it is not a general hardware issue! Btw: Are you using OC profile in BIOS setup? To update the BIOS might help as well since memory related compatibility issues are often fixed at later revisions.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    You have nvidia forceware installed don't you ?

6. OldMX

OldMX MDL Addicted

Jul 30, 2009
    We need the minidumps to see whats crashing your system

7. john1230

john1230 MDL Novice

Jun 5, 2010
    Did you get the correct drivers for your hardware? or did you let windows install the generic driver from the setup disk? also how did you activate windows? because if you used a loader that could be causing problems.

8. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    would be great if he posts the minidump, mobo model and bios rev, videocard model, windows x86 or x64 ?

a friend had similar problems and it was the vidoecard gtx 7950 and x64 and the amd chipset.
    he switched to x86 windows and problem disappeared.
    (might have been bad windows x64 .iso or a driver issue with x64 but it was not ram or hdd as i suspected at first)