anyone got the office update kb949810 yet

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by armada, Aug 25, 2009.

1. armada

armada MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2007
    is this new?? only one of my systems is showing it needs to be installed and i did it and now its not genuine i used one of those "blue editions" to install it. software still says activated but now its counting down the days i have to validate it???

can anyone help to get rid of this?? ive tried numerous fixes around the net and i dont see any that will work with this update?

please help thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Hoppyah

Hoppyah MDL Senior Member

Aug 12, 2009
    MsiExec.exe /uninstall {B148AB4B-C8FA-474B-B981-F2943C5B5BCD}

3. armada

armada MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2007
    says this action is only valid for products that are currently installed??? but it shows it as being installed in the updates?? help please???

i thought this was a older update why would i just get it today???

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Ruley

Ruley MDL Junior Member

Jul 26, 2009
    Im usin windows 7 and i just received the update today, it said it was only puplished yesterday

Attached Files:

5. Ruley

Ruley MDL Junior Member

Jul 26, 2009
    I saw that too, bit i think it was released to windows 7 yesterday

6. armada

armada MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2007
    #7 armada, Aug 26, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2009
    (OP)
    so is there anyway to fix this??? even on my legit installs (i have a few of both) it still is telling me they are not valid?? this sucks

i dont see this on any win7 systems yet only came through to vista for me today..

i even now have customers calling me telling me there store bought copies are saying not valid now??

does anyone know of a way to remove this garbage

this: MsiExec.exe /uninstall {B148AB4B-C8FA-474B-B981-F2943C5B5BCD}

doesnt work for me it is telling me its not installed so i cant remove it

7. armada

armada MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2007
    oh great this is about the aug 25th update to oga:

According to a recent study conducted by the Business Software Alliance (BSA) and market research firm IDC, 41% of software on PCs around the world in 2008 was either counterfeit or used without a license. In an effort to increase the reach of its anti-piracy initiatives, Microsoft has expanded its Office Genuine Advantage (OGA) notifications program into 13 additional countries and territories, taking the total to 41. The newly served countries and territories that’ll benefit from the expansion of the program’re “Austria, Brazil, Finland, Greece, India, Ireland, Netherlands, Peru, Puerto Rico, Switzerland, Taiwan, United Kingdom and the United States”. Customers in 41 countries now have the option to install OGA notifications, available through Microsoft Update, and learn whether they’re running genuine versions of Office. If the copy’s found to be non-genuine, users’re directed to a customized Microsoft Web page to view validation results and learn about easy steps to secure their PC.

so we need a way to rid ourselves of this arghhhhh

8. shortstp

shortstp MDL Novice

Jul 31, 2009
    Regedit and change the ogaaddin load behavior to 0. Launch regedit as admin and search for OGAAddin.connect...right click on load behavior and change from 3 to 0.
    It will no longer load and give you problems.

9. armada

armada MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2007
    is that similar to what the oga fix does from the above mentioned web site?

thanks

10. shortstp

shortstp MDL Novice

Jul 31, 2009
    No all it does is stop the oga addin from loading when word is launched. The update remains but does nothing. The update will appear to ms update server has being installed and not bother you with installing it again. All I can say is it worked for me. No nags.

11. ghoffman

ghoffman MDL Junior Member

Mar 23, 2008
    that seems to work.

another way:
    1. run word, etc as admministrator (you have to go to \program files\office\ and right click the winword.exe
    2. go to WORD OPTIONS | ADDINS| Manage: COM ADDINS
    3. remove OGAAddin

another way:
    1.run regedit
    2. delete the OGAAddin.connect from the keys:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\Word\Addins
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\Excel\Addins
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\Powerpoint\Addins
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins
    and whatever else you have

12. Padge

Padge MDL Novice

Jul 25, 2009
    Worked for me, thanks! :)

13. SCBrigth

SCBrigth MDL Senior Member

May 9, 2009
    Block it

Well, I just had the opportunity to block this at WU.:cool:

14. ghoffman

ghoffman MDL Junior Member

Mar 23, 2008
    how do you block an individual update in win 7?

15. drone_pilot

drone_pilot MDL Junior Member

Jul 20, 2009
    I havent yet seen this update ? - does this affect all versions of office 2007 ? or just the new SP2 update

16. RCOO

RCOO MDL Senior Member

Jan 15, 2009
    I had this update, had to format and didn't appear in Windows Update after.
    Do the users of the mso.dll cr**k get affected?

17. Padge

Padge MDL Novice

Jul 25, 2009
    OK the regedit didn't work, it came back! :confused:

18. 907

907 MDL Novice

Aug 29, 2009
    this works for me, make sure when you go into the registry you find all instances of OGAAddin.connect, mine were at 1 before i set them to 0 and there were a couple of them.

19. Magic Cottage

Magic Cottage MDL Novice

Aug 14, 2009
    If you haven't installed anything major since this update, what I did was to do a system restore prior to the update. You then need to control your updates so it doesn't install automatically again. Then hide it. Seems to have worked for me.