Anyone had an iPad for a while?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by TheStar, Jan 5, 2011.

1. TheStar

TheStar MDL Novice

Feb 21, 2010
    I was thinking of getting an iPad and was hoping to gather some opinions. I already have an iPod touch.

Has anyone had one for a while and still love it? Is it a big difference from the Touch - aside from the obvious?

Has its novelty worn off and you might just stick with the Touch?

2. alextheg

alextheg MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2009
    My sister owns one. Had it two months and can't put it down. She love's it. If your going to buy one wait a little while and get the ipad 2. Improved connectivity etc. Personally for me though i wouldnt spend that much on a pad. Sooner get a lappy or desktop. :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. TheStar

TheStar MDL Novice

Feb 21, 2010
    Thanks. I actually have a laptop that I use to surf the web while I'm watching TV. I was thinking the ipad might be a little better (more comfortable/easier to use/smaller).

4. alextheg

alextheg MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2009
    For me the ipad is style over substance. Just my personal opinion though.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. TheStar

TheStar MDL Novice

Feb 21, 2010
    Thats what I'm afraid of. It seems like a bigger Touch, without adding much functionality.

6. charles1

charles1 MDL Junior Member

Nov 26, 2010
    #6 charles1, Feb 6, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2011
    Does a ipad have lan ethernet or usb connection?

7. ancestor(v)

ancestor(v) Admin
    Staff Member

Jun 26, 2007
    istone.jpg

Pretty much says it all :D

8. Skeptical

Skeptical MDL Novice

Feb 7, 2011
    The iPad is alright if you wish to browse the web, that's about it. Plus the new one is rumored to be on it's way so I'd give it a miss.

9. Canadian-Wolverine

Canadian-Wolverine MDL Junior Member

Feb 14, 2011
    ok that pic was funny..

For the OP
    Ive had one for a year, its fantastic to use what its designed for, patio browsing, on the go and you need to know peoples numbers or where to go as a business tool.
    Jailbreak it and you can have a bit more fun with it.
    USB work ONLY on low power stuff, so no external drives, no rocket stick etc.
    the 3g version is bloody fast online in the city or in the middle of knowhere
    ethernet-nope but wifi is pretty good and range is damn impressive if you have a good wireless n setup.

I think right now i would hold off till june/july when the ipad2 comes out, just for the extra features on the hardware. software will still be the same.

personally, id still buy one over any other tablet, and ive played with most of em...

flash would be nice though ;)

10. Skeptical

Skeptical MDL Novice

Feb 7, 2011
    You should wait for when the Android 3.0 tablets are released, they look pretty hot.

11. TheStar

TheStar MDL Novice

Feb 21, 2010
    Right, the new Motorola XOOM looks pretty nice. I'm going to have to go and actually pick it up and play with it. The iPad was a lot beefier/heavier than I expected.

12. SoulSnatcher

SoulSnatcher MDL Novice

Mar 20, 2011
    No, I don't own an iPad.

It is mighty appealing, though. I'm to purchase and jailbreak one.