Anyone having any issues with their soundcards? (Especially Creative Sound Blaster)

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by archdevll, Jan 19, 2009.

1. archdevll

archdevll MDL Novice

Jan 19, 2009
    Hey guys, I'm just wondering is there anyone out there other than me is suffering from sound card problem?

I'm using Sound Blaster Audigy 2. With or without creative drivers, whenever I play a music too long, I can hear distortion. Mainly noise.....

2. bchat

bchat MDL Smart Azz

Nov 7, 2008
    I have the Audigy SE. I use the drivers that came with Windows Update. I have not noticed any problems.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. archdevll

archdevll MDL Novice

Jan 19, 2009
    Thanks. I'll go try it

4. Ground_0

Ground_0 MDL Novice

Jan 10, 2008
    go to the control panel and change the sample rate to 96000hz and whatever bit rate. Had the same thing happen to me under 7000 32-Bit but it never happened in 64-bit. Audigy 2 ZS here so should work, give it a go!

5. archdevll

archdevll MDL Novice

Jan 19, 2009
    Thx Ground_0

It much better now. although ocasionally i still hear those cracking sound but its way better than hearing the noise going on.

6. Belarathon

Belarathon MDL Senior Member

Nov 21, 2007
    #7 Belarathon, Jan 22, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2009

I suggest using an audio player that has either an ASIO, WASAPI, or Kernel Streaming output. Foobar has support fall all three outputs, while Winamp can use ASIO and Kernel Streaming outputs.

XMPlay supports both ASIO and WASAPI.

If you use a player that has ASIO, try bumping the buffer up. For my money, the WASAPI output is the best, as you'll never hear an interruption in the music stream...no pops, static, or cut-outs, even under extreme CPU load.

7. win7

win7 MDL Senior Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Yes i just built up another pc to play some games on, was a bit short of decent bits and used an old soundblaster live! value, with the livedrive2...

Horrible horrible sound like the bass has been turned up x500...

Am now downloading some daniel k drivers and crossing my fingers, failing that i will either use the onboard sound or go buy a newer card.