Anyone interested in Component Repair / Soldering?

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by kingedwards, Jun 4, 2010.

1. kingedwards

kingedwards MDL Junior Member

Mar 17, 2010
    I am thinking about posting a "how to" guide on troubleshooting electronics and repairing them to the component level. Mostly motherboards and video cards. I also do repair on LCD monitors and LCD TV's. The reason I am posting this first is because making the guide would be very time consuming and I want to make sure people are interested in the stuff first before I waste my time. Any feedback would be appreciated.

2. alextheg

alextheg Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 7, 2009
    This could prove a very useful tutorial indeed. Looking forward to your post. :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. kingedwards

kingedwards MDL Junior Member

Mar 17, 2010
    I am in the process of writing it and finding good pictures. I have been a little distracted lately so it is taking some time. I am in the middle of closing on a house.

4. NoJuan999

NoJuan999 Experienced SLIC Tool Operator

Jul 31, 2009
    #4 NoJuan999, Jun 17, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2010
    I vote post it when you can.
    It will give some users some insight to how PC's actually work.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. hitendra

hitendra MDL Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Repairing methodology, circuit digram / schematics etc are not perhaps sufficient indeed availability of spares in locality is also important. Please also consider these issues also.

6. lightscribe

lightscribe MDL Novice

Feb 20, 2010
    interested to know basics :) love to fix things

7. NoJuan999

NoJuan999 Experienced SLIC Tool Operator

Jul 31, 2009
    I don't think that should make much difference, any component you need could be ordered online.
    He's just saying he will post a tutorial on doing Basic Circuit Board repair.
    Such as testing to determine which components are bad and then de-soldiering and replacing the bad components.
    If you can't get the components online or buy them locally then why bother attempting to repair a circuit board in the first place.

8. jam4

jam4 MDL Novice

May 2, 2007
    I am always interested in component level repair info :)

Thanks for the work.