Anyone Know What 'RemoveWAT' Does If We Can Do This By Hand?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by DasFox, Feb 19, 2010.

1. DasFox

DasFox MDL Member

Feb 19, 2010
    I'm a Linux geek, love to play with things, so doing things by hand I don't have a problem with and enjoy at times.

So I'm wondering, what RemoveWAT does, can this be done by hand, is it simply just removing or changing things that can be done manually?

THANKS

2. Rosco

Rosco MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2007
    Yes - Hazar originally posted the methods he used as commands to be included in a batch or script - he has modified things continually as some things broke along the way - which is to be expected as he cannot be expected to test on all different hardware and scenarios initially.

If you search the forums you'll find them but they may not be current OR you could ask him.

To his credit he has been able to continually update his methods to fix things others reported as broken - so even though I don't use RemoveWAT and I think M$ will target modified system files it is an amazing effort.

I give credit to all who created original workarounds such as Anti-WPA for XP, the first loader idea and these anti WAT efforts.

Great work and good luck in the continuing fight.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. DasFox

DasFox MDL Member

Feb 19, 2010
    #3 DasFox, Feb 20, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2010
    (OP)
    Well I'm using the latest version and wanted to know what that did...

I can't find any info, so if anyone knows, please let me know...

THANKS

4. Rosco

Rosco MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2007
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. DasFox

DasFox MDL Member

Feb 19, 2010
    Thanks, I made a reply in it...

6. secr9tos

secr9tos MDL Addicted

Jul 28, 2009
    I know what it does but I won't give u this info coz it's not my program. U need to talk to Hazar maybe he provides u the info u request.

7. DasFox

DasFox MDL Member

Feb 19, 2010
    Oh, I thought he was pretty much showing what it did in that post already?

8. secr9tos

secr9tos MDL Addicted

Jul 28, 2009
    Well this is included yes but RemoveWAT patches slwga.dll, user32.dll and renames/changes acls of other files also. What I can tell u is how to patch slwga & user32.dll coz that is my contribute to rwat2.2.4