Anyone knows a good disaster recovery tool????

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by yana7535, May 26, 2008.

1. yana7535

yana7535 MDL Novice

May 26, 2008
    Hi people, I have a computer that was working very well, but lately when I was working on a important project, there was a power fluctuation for a couple of times (I thought that was normal) but after the last power fluctuation my computer refused to boot up. There seems to be a failure of some kind…..but I need to get the projects back that are still in that disk.

I would be thankful if you could suggest any good tools to get the files and documents back.

2. ancestor(v)

ancestor(v) Admin
    Staff Member

Jun 26, 2007
    HDD, I suppose?

Why not simply moving the HDD from your computer to another one?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. reginakampher

reginakampher MDL Addicted

Apr 5, 2008
    It appears you have another computer at your disposal and therefore @ancestor(v)'s suggestion is great as long as your working computer supports the dead computer's hard drive interface (IDE, SATA, SCSI). If it doesn't, there are adapters that convert one interface to another. Another option you have is to purchase a USB hard drive kit. It basically turns any hard drive into an external storage device (you have to buy a specific kit based on your hard drive's interface). Of course you can try to bring your dead computer back to life but more information is needed like describing exactly what you mean when you say "refused to boot up". Does it POST? Anything visible on the screen when you try to boot up? Stuff like that.