Anyone transferred to non-local account in Windows 8.1?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Airbus, Sep 1, 2013.

1. Airbus

Airbus MDL Member

May 10, 2010
    I was wondering, did someone migrated from local to non local (i.e. m$ account) on Windows 8.1?
    What happens during the process? Something changed?
    I know the drill I just want some shared experiences.
    Do you recommend it? Tiles (most of them) won't work if you are using local account.
    Thanks

2. stormdude124

stormdude124 MDL Novice

Sep 24, 2012
    I did it, so far so good:D,its just like when windows 8 leaked and everyone was afraid then but no account was blocked:p.I say go for it
    They wouldn't really block your account considering how many people are using windows 8.1 by now :cool:

3. ian82

ian82 MDL Expert

Mar 7, 2012
    I always liked having a local account but this Windows 8.1 seems to be heavily integrated with the online account so I formatted again and only used the Microsoft Account sign in option. everything works great now

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Airbus

Airbus MDL Member

May 10, 2010
    Thank you for the answers and the feedback.

Have you checked on SkyDrive what is synchronized and what is not?

I assume every time you log in you use your Microsoft account, right?

5. stormdude124

stormdude124 MDL Novice

Sep 24, 2012
    Skydrive:just anything on your skydrive is synced and the files you save will be synced if you save them in the skydrive folder
    2 yes on start-up you sign in with your ms account like any other account

6. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009
    Using two legit keys (retail pro and free WMC) and using my Microsoft account. I am currently chewing on my fingernails waiting for the MS Swat team to arrive.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...