Anyone with experience with Insyde Packard Bell R1 series bioses?

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by cheeky2, Dec 28, 2010.

1. cheeky2

cheeky2 MDL Novice

Dec 27, 2010
    I bought a Packard Bell R1935 laptop recently and wished to flash the bios to latest! Left charger overnight to charge battery and created cd with latest bios. Didn't realise laptop battery was dodgy and power connector was loose! Result failed bios update when power was lost!

Anyway i have extracted the latest bios file from the packard bell website and have tried to use Andys tool to get the correct filename for it using phoenix program. The program cannot find the relevant information from the file!

Is there anyway to create a crisis disc from the R105_RC.BIN file i have renamed the file from the bin extension to the fd extension and tried various names with no success so far!

Has anyone had any successful experience with the Packard bell range that could share with me to remedy situation?
    I am guessing i may have to remove bios chip from board and get another one programmed up and resolder onto board! But this is a last resort!

Happy New Year to everyone :)
    Thanks in advance for any help

btw tried uploading file to site but limit is set to 97k zip file is about 350k!
    pm me to get file and i will email to you Thanks :)