Anyway to makei an upgrade disc?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Akaru, Jan 1, 2010.

1. Akaru

Akaru MDL Novice

Sep 17, 2009
    Is there anyway to make an upgrade disc from the Windows 7 RTM ISO? I've done a Google search and site search, but came out with nothing. I've only found that the Ultimate ISO file can be used to install any edition of Windows 7 when the ei.cfg file is deleted or tampered with. But I need to know if it is possible to make the Windows 7 RTM ISO into a ISO that can be used to upgrade from any version of Vista.

Thanks,
    Akaru.

2. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    #2 sebus, Jan 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2017
  3. Akaru

Akaru MDL Novice

Sep 17, 2009
    #3 Akaru, Jan 2, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2010
    (OP)
    That's not what I wanted to know. I wanted to know if you can take the ISO of Windows 7 Ultimate Retail and turn it into an upgrade ISO, that can upgrade from Windows Vista to 7.

4. Brainsuck

Brainsuck MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2009
    Yes you can anytime upgrade is the same disc as the full one:eek::eek:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Akaru

Akaru MDL Novice

Sep 17, 2009
    I never really understood what Anytime Upgrade is. I noticed that it comes with Windows Vista. Is it a free upgrade from Vista to 7?

6. Brainsuck

Brainsuck MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2009
    No you have to pay for it or if you have slic 2.1 bios you can uses a slp key to upgrade to Seven

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Akaru

Akaru MDL Novice

Sep 17, 2009
    Can I just upgrade using WAU and use Daz's activator?

8. Brainsuck

Brainsuck MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2009
    yes you can do that

9. Akaru

Akaru MDL Novice

Sep 17, 2009
    Sweet. So after a WAU upgrade, it will ask for a key? At that point, I can just use Daz's activator?

10. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    NO, it will ask for the key FIRST, then it will upgrade.

And normal ISO IS an upgrade disk anyway (upgrade is one of the options if you start the setup from within Windows - NOT booting with this CD)

It will not upgrade anything below Home Premium, unless you use the hack I suggested in post 2 (which in fact answered all your questions if you only knew how to read)

sebus

11. Akaru

Akaru MDL Novice

Sep 17, 2009
    I don't understand what you said in your first post. The only part I understood was the migration list. Since the normal ISO can be used as an upgrade disk when run from within Windows, can I just burn one with the ei.cfg hack? Would that give me a universal upgrade disk?

12. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    I see you did not understand anything really...

Upgrade will work ONLY for Home Premium & above

If you want to upgrade the lesser version you have to make the registry change before running the setup

sebus

13. Akaru

Akaru MDL Novice

Sep 17, 2009
    Dude. I knew this before 7 even came out. Stop jamming this s**t down my throat when I already knew it. I understand the process of upgrading. I've done it before. I just want to make a disk that can do all 3 things list in your first post (go from Vista HP to 7 HP, Vista Business to 7 Pro, and Vista Ultimate to 7 Ultimate). I don't want to burn three separate disks. I want to be able to use one disk to do ALL 3 of the above listed.

And my question, if I MUST repeat this again, is: Is it possible to make an upgrade disk using a Windows 7 RTM ISO?

14. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    Man, do you have some real problem reading?

I will say it last time, then you do what you ant (even keep askin the same again)
    Oficcially the upgrade work only on Vista Home Premium & above.

If you want to upgrade the lesser version then you need to make a little registry change (as stated in post 2)

Make it by hand, make it by .reg file, whatever, add it do iso, run it before setup.exe, done, any version can be upgraded

I pointed you to what needs to be changed, you do not want to take advice, it is your will

sebus

15. Akaru

Akaru MDL Novice

Sep 17, 2009
    #15 Akaru, Jan 5, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2010
    (OP)
    Dude. Do you not understand? I HAVE WINDOWS VISTA HOME PREMIUM. Guess what that means? I don't need to do any registry editing. I'm not an idiot. I'm ignoring your stupid s**t because it doesn't apply to me. I never go below Home Premium when I get an OS. Don't take me for stupid. What makes you even think I have below Home Premium?

Try again, point out something that DOES apply to me.

Seems like you are the one that has the reading problem. Stop telling me what I can't do, because I never asked that, and just answer my question. Is it possible to use a Windows 7 RTM ISO and make it into a universal up-grader that will upgrade from Windows Vista HP to Windows 7 HP, Vista Business to 7 Pro, and Vista Ultimate to 7 Ultimate?

16. shuvonabil

shuvonabil MDL Novice

Oct 22, 2009
    Yes it will. Iv successfully Upgraded from vista ultimate to 7 professional for a while and then upgraded to 7 ultimate. But second time i used windows anytime upgrade via Microsoft online. I could have used the disk but didnt because it was faster online takes around 10 minutes.....but yes you can use your disc as a universal upgrader. I think the only difference between the two process is that if u decided to upgrade via online you have to enter a valid key first and if you use the disc u get 30 days to active.

17. Akaru

Akaru MDL Novice

Sep 17, 2009
    Thanks for the reply, but I still have a few a question. Do I have to do anything with the 7 RTM ISO, or can I just burn 7 Ultimate RTM and run it from My Computer to upgrade?