aod255e won't boot from USB.

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by JJavaman, Jan 3, 2012.

1. JJavaman

JJavaman MDL Novice

Jan 3, 2012
    #1 JJavaman, Jan 3, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2012
    Hi.

Noob here. First I want to say that these forums have been a HUGE help to me. You guys are awesome. I've been searching the board for a few days now but still can't figure this one out.

I recently got an Acer one d255e netbook with windows 7 starter pre-loaded on it. With the information on the boards, I've been trying to install Windows 7 ultimate however I haven't gotten very far.

This is where I'm at so far:
    Downloaded the Windows 7 iso file from the repository, checked the hash - perfect match.

Downloaded and used the Windows 7 USB DVD Download Tool and made a bootable windows 7 USB. (4gb Duracell - brand new)

(edit: reformatted USB & tried Unetbootin. upon restart the comp. went into a loop of 10-0 countdowns)

Downloaded RW-Everything and determined that my SLIC is already 2.1 / BIOS is version 3.14

Changed the boot order in the BIOS. The system tries to boot from the USB. The "Windows Is Loading Files page" comes up followed by the "Mirosoft Corporation" page with the bar, then the blue screen:

"Stop: c000021a {Fatal System Error} The initial session process or system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0x00000000 (0xc0000221 0x001003a8). The system has been shut down.

When I remove the usb and restart, it boots from the hard drive as usual with no problem.

Is there something obvious that I'm doing wrong here?

thanks

2. JJavaman

JJavaman MDL Novice

Jan 3, 2012
    After re-writing the USB in ntfs, the install started and went for a while until I got an error "Windows cannot install the required files. The file may be corrupt or missing. Make sure all files required for installation are available and restart the installation. Error code: 0x80070570"o_O

3. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  4. JJavaman

JJavaman MDL Novice

Jan 3, 2012
    Thanks! I'm in the middle of another UltraISO disk-write but at this point I'm kinda losing faith. lol I'll give this one a try next.:)

5. hbhb

hbhb MDL Expert

Dec 15, 2010
    Dude, if u lost faith u lost the battle, this time it will work:D

6. JJavaman

JJavaman MDL Novice

Jan 3, 2012
    WinUSB Maker v1.8 worked! I also switched USB drives (unintentionally) The reformat was already going when I noticed I had the wrong USB drive in. D'OH! fortunately I had a back-up. Not sure if that made a difference though. A huge thanks to you, Tito, hbhb for the vote of confidence, and all others on the site, got Windows 7 Ultimate up and running perfectly.