Aplly the wrong BIOS, what to do?

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by kokomo, Aug 21, 2008.

1. kokomo

kokomo MDL Novice

Aug 19, 2008
    whole community,

Please I need your urgent help. I did flash my board with BEN5.rom and now it power up but wont boot at all and it will beep after a few seconds.:mad:
    Is it toasted or anything can be done,
    My Board HP/Asus IPILB-LB current version was in 5.25

2. reginakampher

reginakampher MDL Addicted

Apr 5, 2008
  3. kokomo

kokomo MDL Novice

Aug 19, 2008
    #3 kokomo, Aug 22, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
    (OP)
  4. bokkoman

bokkoman MDL Junior Member

Mar 4, 2008
    Does it boot, beep, shut down and boot again... constantly repeating this sequence?
    Because i had such a problem and it wasnt fixable so i just returned my motherboard to get a new one (it was 1 week old).

5. memberjoe

memberjoe MDL Junior Member

Oct 29, 2007
    I have an Ultimate Boot CD with BIOS flash tool in the root path and a fresh BIOS file without any modification.

Boot the CD with DOS environment (FreeDOS, OpenDOS or MSDOS - you have to try someone because not run your tool on any DOS) then run your BIOS flash tool from CD and recover the BIOS.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. kokomo

kokomo MDL Novice

Aug 19, 2008
    Thanks so much guys for your reply. I find an easy solution, the computer was 4 days old, I took it back to future shop. Told the teller what happen, did not mind to take it back as is with hope that I will buy from them again. Good customer service. Actually it was good that this is happen in a way, because the day that this happen, COSTCO have the same computer with more memory 6GB and 2 years warranty and 90 days for return and same price, I grabbed one today :p

Not only that, the new one I get from COSTCO have the old bios that I am looking for :)