App Data folder is missing

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by John Grey, Nov 29, 2012.

1. John Grey

John Grey MDL Junior Member

Apr 12, 2012
    Hello,
    I just clean installed 7 Ultimate and want to insert my Ff profile in %userprofile%\AppData\Roaming.......

But there is no App Data Folder.... I suippose it only appears for the admin?

I am the only user, and my account says Admin....

Where is my problem?

Thank you

2. Shenj

Shenj MDL Expert

Aug 12, 2010
    Thats hard to believe.

try %appdata%, the folder must exist :p

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. John Grey

John Grey MDL Junior Member

Apr 12, 2012
    Look... what do you want me to tell you, that I am blind? If I open the user Folder then AppData is NOT inside there, my guess is, that for some reason I am not opening it as Admin....
    This morning, before the new-install in the old user folder, it was there

4. Hannibal Lecter

Hannibal Lecter MDL Senior Member

May 12, 2010
    I am having a similar problem, but JG: the Mozilla Folder for the profile can be accessed using %APPDATA% in the serarch line.

But the AppData Folder should turn up in the User Folder????? And it does not in mine either, after I did a re-install with the daz loader...

How do I get to the status of Administrator, if it is not available through the context menu, as it now happens in some folders???
    (Should I start my own thread with ttha question?)

5. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    The only way I can see mine is to select to view hidden files and folders. Then look in the right panel since for some reason it doesn't show in the directory tree on the left as a folder under the user. But, as usual, YMMV.