Apps shortcut?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Garbellano, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Garbellano

Garbellano MDL Addicted

Aug 13, 2012
    Hi there!. I was playing a lil with the apps, nothing special by now and I uninstall one of the apps (finance I think was called). So, this app seems like was uninstalled and I was wondering, there is any way to reinstall it without having to pass through the stock/market?. I see that the app is on the drive (c:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.BingFinance_1.2.0.135_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\) the whole folder is in there, so, maybe there is a way to create a sort of shortcut to there. No idea.

2. Rock Hunter

Rock Hunter MDL Senior Member

Dec 6, 2011
    If you can identify the file in that folder that starts the program, then right click on it and pick Send To, Desktop (create a shortcut).

3. Garbellano

Garbellano MDL Addicted

Aug 13, 2012
    I think I express myself bad. I uninstall the app from the start menu (right click/uninstall) and then the tile was deleted. To check if the app was really uninstalled, I check the APPs folder, which is : c:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.BingFinance_1.2.0.135_ x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\ and still there, nothing was deleted, just the tile in the start menu. I was wondering if there is anyway to get that tile back.

4. Rock Hunter

Dec 6, 2011
    I understand. You uninstalled the app but all of the files are still there. So try this. Look in the c:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.BingFinance_1.2.0.135_ x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\ folder for a file that ends with .exe. Double click on that file and see if it starts the app. If it does, then you can make a shortcut from that file and put it on the desktop so that it is handy when you want to run the app.

5. Garbellano

Garbellano MDL Addicted

Aug 13, 2012
    #5 Garbellano, Aug 22, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2012
    (OP)
    Rock Hunter, there are no exes there. Remember this are apps, aka Metro style app using JavaScript supported by wwahost.exe. You will only find this on that directory:

• HTML (HTML5)
    • CSS (CSS3)
    • JavaScript (ECMAScript)

Nothing more than that, probably something else in the future but by now, all you will find is that. Nothing butt LiveComm.exe, Webcam,etc, all helpers.

6. Rock Hunter

Dec 6, 2011
    At least we tried. Sorry it didn't worki.