Are 16 Stickies really needed at the top of every page???

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Fetishquest, Sep 12, 2009.

  1. Fetishquest

    Fetishquest MDL Novice

    May 19, 2009
    20
    0
    0
    Come on. It is rediculus. :eek::eek::eek::eek
     
  2. baskinghobo

    baskinghobo MDL Junior Member

    Dec 11, 2008
    54
    0
    0
    Simple answer. Yes
     
  3. Dolorous Edd

    Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

    Aug 31, 2009
    1,054
    194
    60
    Quick, someone sticky this thread!!
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Fetishquest

    Fetishquest MDL Novice

    May 19, 2009
    20
    0
    0
    I agree!

    Let's make this a sticky!!!:cool:
     
  5. SirSilentBob

    SirSilentBob MDL Senior Member

    Jun 5, 2009
    273
    18
    10
    Yes, since if we did not have them, we'd have 16 THOUSAND threads on the same things in those stickies. We already have enough people who don't read the stickies and still make more redundant threads.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Myrrh

    Myrrh MDL Expert

    Nov 26, 2008
    1,394
    497
    60
    #6 Myrrh, Sep 12, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2009
    This site needs two things.

    1. Fewer stickies per forum.
    2. User cannot post in a forum, if he hasn't read all the stickies yet.

    Okay, three things.
    3. Spam bots advertising their iphones for sale shouldn't be able to instantly have five rep points, whilst real people like me who have been contributing for a long time only have four. What's up with that?
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. twiz

    twiz MDL Senior Member

    Jul 30, 2009
    401
    1
    10
    Bad idea.
    Not all stickies apply to everyone.

    Agree... that's kinda bulls**t.





    These are Rules.
    If people don't read the rules for rules, they won't be reading stickies for rules.

    Why do some loaders get stickied but not all?
    If they're popular, they'll stay on the first two pages.

    BIOS Modding Instructions.
    Move to BIOS subforum?

    Good informational posts, worthy of the sticky.

    Good posts, but can they be merged?

    Outdated and can be removed.
     
  8. AcIdPort

    AcIdPort MDL Novice

    Jul 29, 2009
    21
    1
    0
    Every page? That's not true. Sticks are on the first page only.

    Greets! :cool:
     
  9. Tlinux

    Tlinux MDL Novice

    Aug 1, 2009
    43
    0
    0
    Showing up on Every page for me.
     

    Attached Files:

  10. Ruley

    Ruley MDL Junior Member

    Jul 26, 2009
    89
    0
    0
    Same for me
    Ill try to help ya out, so you can have five reps to.
     
  11. shady

    shady MDL Novice

    Aug 25, 2009
    17
    2
    0
    Stickies are good. It made you choose the best info at once. It becomes 16 means this forum has 16 different helpful info for you to see.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  12. twiz

    twiz MDL Senior Member

    Jul 30, 2009
    401
    1
    10
    Except not...

    3 are rules -- again, if you don't read the rules for rules, you wont read the sickies for rules.
    2 are loaders that typically have non-stickied topics.
    1 is outdated.
    3 more are lists of SLIC collections.


    That's 6 stickies that don't need to be there, and 3 can be merged.
    Another 4 stickies are for BIOS modding -- which aren't in the BIOS modding sub-forum.
     
  13. Mr Jinje

    Mr Jinje MDL Expert

    Aug 19, 2009
    1,773
    1,078
    60
  14. secr9tos

    secr9tos MDL Addicted

    Jul 28, 2009
    999
    133
    30
    Sticky threads have a purpose. Without them we would have even more duplicated threads. Btw... this is the job of the moderators and I think that they do a good one.
     
  15. engage16

    engage16 MDL Junior Member

    Jul 30, 2009
    51
    0
    0
    I think the BIOS mod request threads get really confusing... 500 pages of people asking for the same 50 bioses to be modded...
     
  16. Fetishquest

    Fetishquest MDL Novice

    May 19, 2009
    20
    0
    0
    Yeah...

    So if the stickies were only on the first page, I could deal with that. But for me they show up on every page.

    Annoying.
     
  17. highspeedmac

    highspeedmac MDL Member

    Aug 31, 2009
    143
    2
    10
    I actually like the fact that this forum has so many Sticky topics. I'm new to this forum and new to quite a few of the topics discussed here.

    So far I have only had to post 1 question and it wasn't really because I couldn't find the info or didn't know, I just needed someone to confirm that I was on the right track.

    I got on the right track by reading the info contain in the stickies. If they weren't there I more than likely would have started a few redundant topics. Not because I don't know how to search the forum, but because I wouldn't have known exactly what to search for. :eek:
     
  18. 911medic

    911medic MDL Guru

    Aug 13, 2008
    5,778
    489
    180
    Move along...:eek::p

    There is a reason..if it eludes you, move along.....
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  19. KotaXor

    KotaXor MDL Senior Member

    Aug 3, 2009
    259
    6
    10
    This..I agree. Sticky is good but not on every page.:)
    It become annoying.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  20. Brandrune

    Brandrune MDL Addicted

    Jul 30, 2009
    528
    4
    30
    Hey Guys,

    Right, I found this quite funny as I posted a permission request to delete some stickies about 5 days ago. Now, I would love to have sub forums organising all the different things but the other mods don't like this. Now, I stickied Daz's loader because it had high usage and was a good choice. The mods decided to take down some sticky's and make a tools thread to include everything we need.

    Any questions just PM me.