are loaders reliable?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by squowse, Oct 22, 2009.

1. squowse

squowse MDL Novice

Apr 4, 2009
    obviously no-one can see the future, but were these ever tackled successfully by microsoft?
    i want to sort out a mate with windows 7 but don't want to modify the bios on his laptop. i also don't want to have to keep on updating the loader for him though.
    did they have to be updated every now and again with vista? i only tried vistaloader once without much success. i managed to remove it and modify the bios instead. (thanks guys!).

2. Searinox

Searinox MDL Junior Member

Jul 29, 2009
    I've had much failure with vista loaders myself and even windows 7. Those were he first generation. Today's generation of loaders are extremly dependable such as hazar and daz's having overcome issues like not working on some systems. Microsoft has yet to show any attempt, let alone success, of removing these loaders.

3. straha

straha MDL Junior Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Most here agree that the BIOS mod is the most foolproof way to go, but as far as the loaders go, Hazar and Daz have had pretty good luck. The issues people have had with the activations not working are not really because of anything Microsoft proactively did. So far, MS either hasn't tried to bust the loaders, or they haven't had any luck. If and when MS does manage to break them, I have the utmost confidence in Hazar and Daz to come up with the workaround very quickly. We are in good hands here!

4. alextheg

alextheg MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2009
    #4 alextheg, Oct 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Proz

Proz MDL Novice

Sep 15, 2009
    Im sure i have read on here people with bios mods getting " not genuine " after being fine for a while before ..... not sure its fool proof :confused:

6. Michel

Michel MDL Expert

Jul 29, 2009
    #6 Michel, Oct 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
  7. straha

straha MDL Junior Member

Oct 15, 2009
    I'm curious about that, because I've never heard that from any one with a correctly flashed BIOS, and correct matching cert. I know people who have done the BIOS mod and then ran loaders have had issues, but that is user error, and not a problem with the method.

8. Proz

Proz MDL Novice

Sep 15, 2009

I cant remember who it was but im sure there was some one with bios mod saying after a while they got not genuine .... wether it was done properly or not i have no idea .

9. SirSilentBob

SirSilentBob MDL Senior Member

Jun 5, 2009
    If you got a working bios mod, why would you THEN install a loader too? What n00b do you know that did that, lol? That is pure ignorance, and of course it will conflict. You can't have both a mod and a loader without issues coming up. If you can do a bios mod, then that's the way to go!

10. Proz

Proz MDL Novice

Sep 15, 2009
    I dont recall saying i knew any "noob" that installed a loader after a bios mod ... did i ????? :confused: .... all i said was i've seen posts on here saying there bios mod has shown" not genuine" after running genuine for a while ....

I suggest you read properly what i wrote before laughing at me :mad:

11. straha

straha MDL Junior Member

Oct 15, 2009
    I'm not sure he was laughing at you Proz. I think he was just laughing at the situation of using bios mod and loader, which I have seen, and yeah...it's pretty messed up. I do understand how it may have looked like he laughing at you though, but really, I don't think he was. If he was, blow it off...you didn't say anything stupid or anything.

12. colinzim

colinzim MDL Senior Member

May 14, 2007
    :mad:Unfortunately this site is turning into "My Digital Loader"
    All the attention I hope is worth it.

13. Rosco

Rosco MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2007
    my computer has had a BIOS mod since 1997 and I upgraded to SLIC2 in February or March.

Never had an issue.

I think the loaders will be easy to attack - it just seems M$ don't want to. All they need to do is check for ANY non standard boot method and determine it pirated and disable the OS.

Clearly they're not interested in us - they were interested in the original Paradox Vista driver issue and the original Timerstop but they've clearly been too busy to try the loaders.

I think if they wanted to shut down all the loaders it would be a piece of cake for them.

Now, a BIOS mod on the other hand is much more difficult for them to probe and I think they would get a HUGE backlash if it was reported they were probing peoples computers to that extent.

Besides, every scheme they dream up to try to stop antiWPA schemes simply increases general knowledge of how their WPA system works

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  14. Proz

Proz MDL Novice

Sep 15, 2009
    #14 Proz, Oct 23, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2009

so explain why i have read post from bios modders saying they are now "not genuine" ... i followed a dell xps thread cause thats what i have... the concencus was to mod the bios to 2.1 .... some upgraded to slic 2.1 and now they are not genuine ???? :confused::confused: yes im a noob and i really dont want to mod my bios to be found un-genuine when my 1.7 loader is working fine so far .... so , how if its " fool proof " and yes i am a fool , explain how have some been found out .... yes i accept i dont know how they modded there bios and what they may have done since but obviously M$ have found some way of detecting the " FOOL PROOF " way of doing it .... and yes i am ready for the backlash that im stupid etc ... after all im just noobish and had it already ... :)....obviously if anyone knew exactly how things were found out by M$ there would be no need for this discussion ...

15. omdhar

omdhar MDL Junior Member

Aug 1, 2009
    New Vista7 Slic Ldr 1.5.1 is much better than others. I like the look, how it starts, option for activation and process of install & uninstall.

:D

16. squowse

squowse MDL Novice

Apr 4, 2009
    thanks for the advice.

17. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    Another great loader is Daz's new 1.7.2 program loader. He added a lot of useful enhancements to it.

18. NoJuan999

NoJuan999 Experienced SLIC Tool Operator

Jul 31, 2009
    #18 NoJuan999, Oct 26, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2009
    You're obviously mistaking what some people who have modded their BIOS have said.
    M$ has NOT disabled any BIOS.
    I do know that some people were having trouble with some BIOS mods not working properly but that was due to an improper Mod or an improper flash method, not anything that M$ did.
    I have Not seen one member that has posted back saying that a BIOS mod has gone from containing SLIC 2.1 to not containing SLIC 2.1.
    Please supply a link to a post stating otherwise, I would be VERY interested in seeing what exactly was said.