Are there any customized Win7 iso's ? (doesn't need to bypass activation)

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by ExtraCrispy, Apr 28, 2010.

1. ExtraCrispy

ExtraCrispy MDL Novice

Apr 28, 2010
    I already have a valid key but want an iso which removes features like Tablet pc, drivers etc. The only one I know of is Tiny Windows 7 but is only 32bits (I need x64) and it removes Media Center also.

I've tried using vLite, dism etc but never got it to work. I just want a custom iso with no hacks or activators that I can install.

2. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    The RTM in the repository has no activators or hacks...lol

3. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    Uninstall tablet pc and WMC from controlpanel\windows features ? its not like it takes up 1000000000000 GB of hdd space right ?
    Drivers that arent needed during install wont be installed anyway..

You can use DISM /remove-package to make custom dvd if you want but if you dont know what ur doing you might f*** up your system or you can try WinIntegrator on msfn forum
    but remember its a beta only!

Using a genuin untouched iso is better but if you want to i suggest you start reading bout DISM + /package commands :)

4. ExtraCrispy

ExtraCrispy MDL Novice

Apr 28, 2010
    The reason I need this is to install on a SSD (just got a 40gb one, and regular Win7 install will take up a lot of space). Removing features after an install still keeps a bunch of stuff in winsxs. And yes, I haven't spent a lot of time with DISM etc, just hoping someone else has done the hard work :) (e.g there are a bunch of custom Vista/XP builds).

5. Raijen

Raijen MDL Novice

Mar 21, 2010
    Tiny 7

I really want to DL T7, but my ISP has been watching me like a hawk with regard to anything having to do with torrents. Is there a way I can download it w/o using torrents?

Thank you in advance if you're able to help.
    R.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
  7. Raijen

Raijen MDL Novice

Mar 21, 2010
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. Raijen

Raijen MDL Novice

Mar 21, 2010
    Does Hotspot shield work when downloading torrents with .... say....utorrent? I don't understand where hotspot shield comes in where torrents are concerned. Can ya help me put?

R.

9. Hazar

Hazar MDL Guru

Jul 29, 2009
    It's not that difficult to understand when you think about it. Hotspot comes in between ANY connection to the net and your pc. Any attempt your pc makes to connect to something outside, gets rerouted through hotspot.

10. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    #10 timesurfer, Apr 29, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2010
    Hotspot is a free vpn software I used once as a test that had good speed and put my IP in Chicago I think. Your browsing and downloading happens from Hotspot's server not yours then probably get delivered to you encrypted. I use peerblock.

@Raijen

Sorry bud I didn't see you wanted the Tiny 7...lol I think someone who has clean copy of what you want should put in a free dropbox then give you public link. It will take a while but it's not a torrent so should just look like big download to your ISP...lol

And I meant it's kinda in-depth to work with the digital river files in comparison to the RTM's in "repo"

11. Raijen

Raijen MDL Novice

Mar 21, 2010
    Great

Thanks Hazar, I didn't know that.

R.

12. skylark

skylark MDL Junior Member

Sep 3, 2009
    Another alternative would be to set up a usenet account subscription. Most of the providers offer SSL encryption. You can download at the maximum speed of your connection, you don't have to upload anything in return and your ISP can't see what you are downloading or uploading. Unfortunately, this option wouldn't be free.