Are there any new Windows Vista SP2 builds?

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by lolbot, Dec 18, 2011.

1. lolbot

lolbot MDL Novice

Dec 18, 2011
    I have 2 copies of Windows Vista SP2, 32 and 64bit. However, they date back to 2009, so it's a pain as a technician to download over 300 MBs+ per reinstallation.

Are there any current copies of Windows Vista SP2 with updates upto 2011? I have a 300 kb download connection, please and thank you!

2. lolbot

lolbot MDL Novice

Dec 18, 2011
    I'm going to attempt to create a custom Windows Vista SP2 32/64 OS using r7lite and slipstream the updates from 2009, 2010, and this year.

3. ar_seven_am

ar_seven_am MDL Senior Member

Mar 7, 2010
    #3 ar_seven_am, Dec 20, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2011
    u cant use r7lite since the software operates use dism as based, use waik 1.1 (if u want to use waik 2.0, use pkgmgr from ur dvd sources).

note: for acrsn, for integrating hotfix, I dont think we do need to use sysprep, only need to mount the image, integrate package, unmount & save. sysprep more intended to apply cumulative update which cant integrated offline (an example service pack etc), add non integrateable update (like netframework) n so on.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. NICK@NUMBER11

NICK@NUMBER11 MDL Expert

Mar 23, 2010
    #4 NICK@NUMBER11, Dec 20, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2011
    why dont you mount the wim and inject all the updtes you want to include

like this...

Create a new folder where the image shall be mounted. This is the image path. Now, you can mount the image:

imagex /mount img_file img_number img_path

With this command, you only have read access to the image. If you want to inject a device driver or a file, you also need write access. The command for this looks like this:

imagex /mountrw img_file img_number img_path

Once you’ve modified the image you can unmount it with this command:

imagex /unmount /commit img_path

"Process: Once the image has been mounted RW or applied, you need to expand the hotfix package to a temp folder such as expand qfe.msu –f:* c:temp, then use pkgmgr to apply:
    (start /w pkgmgr /n:c:tempqfe.xml /o:”c:;c:windows” /s:c:sandbox). "