Are you guys getting Duke Nukem Forever?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by AnimeFrostyFreak671, Nov 8, 2010.

1. AnimeFrostyFreak671

AnimeFrostyFreak671 MDL Junior Member

Jun 26, 2010
    #1 AnimeFrostyFreak671, Nov 8, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2010
    I am getting Duke Nukem Forever in 3 months since that is it's release date.
    Go to this link
    yang-online.com

2. capitol9

capitol9 MDL Novice

Jul 25, 2010
    maybe i download it

3. j4v3d

j4v3d MDL Novice

Nov 22, 2010
    what platform is this for?

huge duke nukem fan, top game :)

4. ! inflicted

! inflicted MDL Novice

Feb 20, 2008
    Did you see the OpenGL version on Unreal engine?

5. burfadel

burfadel MDL EXE>MSP/CAB

Aug 19, 2009
    Its called forever, as thats how long its taken to get this game off the ground... this game has been in development for 13 years! (seriously, I'm not joking)! Its now for PC, xbox 360, and playstation 3.

Its been passed between game engines and developers, so the storyline has probably changed quite a bit over the years. like most games, the recent target for game developers and the engine is towards consoles, with PC's seemingly being a secondary target. Look at Mafia 2, that should realistically have been a Directx 11 game. It was actually stated the reason why the countryside (which was quite big in Mafia I) was left out was because it was too much for consoles to handle.

I really hope Crysis 2 isn't held back because of consoles. I truly believe if the original Crysis was made for all the platforms when it was released it would have had crappier graphics but not necessarily perform any better on a PC.

Although PC offically stands for 'Personal Computer', the reason why Apple's and consoles aren't called PC's is because of the newer meaning, 'Proper Computer'. Afterall, just look at the Apple logo, its got a byte taken out of it :)

6. MCE2005FAN

MCE2005FAN MDL Novice

Jul 28, 2009
    Hah! This thing's still being promised? If we haven't seen Duke Nukem Forever by now, we're not gonna see it.

Why they continually torture their incredibly loyal fanbase after a decade plus...is beyond me. Admit defeat, throw in the towel, and apologize for being @$$hats about it all along.

If it does get released, I'll be shocked.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Fugol

Fugol MDL Novice

Apr 16, 2011
    i will download too:p

8. AnimeFrostyFreak671

AnimeFrostyFreak671 MDL Junior Member

Jun 26, 2010
    New release date: June 10-14 2011
    Reason for delay: They want to piss you off.

9. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    Reason for delay: we need time to plan the next delay date

10. ElPaso

ElPaso MDL Novice

Apr 25, 2011
    i waited for this game so long that i might even skip it... and let the dream be just a dream.. don't wanna ruin it, i have too much high expectations :D

11. Asthetix

Asthetix MDL Novice

Apr 21, 2011

:roflmao:

Yeah I have HIGH expectations for this as well. All I can remember now while talking about it was the beginning of the last game I played, Jumping down the vent of of the rooftop by that theater, Duke's lines were hardcore/ice cold.

Bass-y Duke Voice:

Yeeaaaaaaaah Come get some!

:D

12. kku

kku MDL Novice

May 3, 2011
    I will most def buy it, Ive love the duke nukem series since i was a teenager. Also ill buy it for the sole purpose of the video they made about the release date being pushed back. That was pretty darn funny.

13. llhholt71

llhholt71 MDL Novice

Jun 8, 2011
    13 years is a long time for development. Must be some serious funding

14. martyj13

martyj13 MDL Novice

Jul 24, 2011
    is it any good?

is it any good?

15. spion

spion MDL Member

Mar 27, 2010
    I played it but grafics sucks.. looks like a 3d dos game on steriods :) when you look in the mirror and jump in the air you will see :)

16. Voyevoda

Voyevoda MDL Novice

Oct 30, 2012
    I played it and wouldn't reccomend it.