Artemis ROM on HTC HD2

Discussion in 'Mobile and Portable' started by ancestor(v), Dec 12, 2010.

1. ancestor(v)

ancestor(v) Admin
    Staff Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. ancestor(v)

ancestor(v) Admin
    Staff Member

Jun 26, 2007
    My french is a bit rusty, it's quite ok when it comes to understanding, but actually speaking french is hard for me when it comes to things more than exchanging names or asking about each other ;)

I think I'll go after the tutorial I've found. Looks pretty good and it says the same as you say.

From what I understand from "your" (french) tutorial you just install Android like an App, namely as a CAB. Is this sufficient? With this, I "boot" Windows Mobile and from there I start Android, somewhat like an emulation? Why not via boot loader?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ancestor(v)

ancestor(v) Admin
    Staff Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Which should work. M$ says no WM7 on HD2 but I don't believe...WM7 can't handle the 5 keys? -.-

Thanks for your help so far. I'll have a further look around...and ask again, if there are questions ;)

4. ancestor(v)

ancestor(v) Admin
    Staff Member

Jun 26, 2007
    I'm now using Artemis ROM version 46.0, Generation IV - compatible with everything I'm using ATM, including my Navigation Software (which works on Windows Mobile and Symbian only).

This was another interesting thing - flashing my cell phone. After flashing my computer :p
    Both was simple because the methods have already been worked out very well. But when watching the progress bar...and suddenly it stops and doesn't move :worthy:
    All went good, it continued after a few seconds :)
    Took me about 30 min for everything: downloading, installing, flashing - and those sounds in the background: your mobile device rebooting (you hear the vibration sound), usb connect/disconnect sound...sitting and waiting... :cool:

To flash means to free yourself by freeing your technology. Away with all those limitations and restrictions! Free devices for free people!

5. ancestor(v)

ancestor(v) Admin
    Staff Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Now using Android from my HTC HD2 - much better than Windows Mobile :p :cool:

6. ancestor(v)

ancestor(v) Admin
    Staff Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Thanks for the info, but I'm not going back to Windows Mobile ;) I already put many hours of work in Android - and it's so great...everything works, it's faster, more stable, there are billions of apps...

IMHO Android is the best mobile OS you can use.

Cool avatar btw :D

7. ibeqa

ibeqa MDL Member

Sep 14, 2009
    Battery bug is most anoying bug in WM devices and almost all custom roms suffer from it. I play with WM since 2004 and since then I have found only one ROM that did not have that bug (it used to be a WM6.1 ROM). Thats why now I stick to the stock
    ROM.

For ancestor(v): if you intend to use WM device than stick to xda-developers. You'll find everything there.

Cheers

8. ibeqa

ibeqa MDL Member

Sep 14, 2009
    From all the ROMs that I tried (meaning WM6, WM6.1, WM6.5) and these were not tried on a specific device.