Asking

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by krokodile, Jun 28, 2011.

1. krokodile

krokodile MDL Novice

Jun 20, 2011
    does anybody use a windows 7 gamer edition? what is the pros and cons of using this OS... sorry for my bad English :p

2. thethingy

thethingy MDL Senior Member

Sep 7, 2010
    there is no official "gaming" edition, if you have found one then someone has tampered with it for the better (doubtful) or worse.

3. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Keep distance from those preactivated, tweaked, home-made releases!!! :mad:

4. krokodile

krokodile MDL Novice

Jun 20, 2011
    thanks for the information.. i just want to ask first before i download... :D

5. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  6. stayboogy

stayboogy MDL Addicted

May 1, 2011
    just like thethingy said, there is no "gamer edition" and you will not find an improved, or better edition of windows 7 than the ones offered from M$ unless you make one yourself, which even then is a far stretch to get it right...

use the link Tito gave :biggrin:

7. Josh Cell

Josh Cell MDL Developer

Jan 8, 2011
    "Windows 7 Gamer Edition" is Modded Windows 7 with Graphic Drivers, services/reg tweaks, and "more"

Besides having the risk of embedded virus :eek:

+1 ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. jayblok

jayblok MDL Guru

Dec 26, 2010
    well,currently i am running Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 Nvidia 2010 Edition x64 on one of my pc's,compared to a regular windows 7 ultimate SP1 x64,it's pretty fast,unless you don't like alot of clutter and other "gadgets" like tweaked video drivers,registry mods..etc. i activated it just fine with daz loader and have no viruses detected when i installed it:cool:

9. stayboogy

stayboogy MDL Addicted

May 1, 2011
    from what i've seen all Nvidia, ATI, etc. versions are nothing more than all other video drivers removed accept for the same brand as the edition's name, and nothing more that can't be done using a simple tweaking program or using the reg tweaks posted in this same sub-forum...

of course, i could be wrong considering that there are so many variations of these "hometweaked" versions floating around that they could be modified even further, though i highly doubt they are...