Aspire 5745G Disaster

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by Ntsnpr, Dec 2, 2012.

1. Ntsnpr

Ntsnpr MDL Novice

Nov 25, 2012
    ok here is my problem in a pref i updated my bios using one of the bios files on acer sites for my model i think i used lower virsion of my bios firmware like doin downgrade or somthin so later my laptop wont bost wen i push power button just power lights and nothing on the display i took my bios and reflash it on a toolkit and nothing happened also same problem so i tried to recover my bis using most of the known methods and i keep failing last option poped up on my minde that i need to replave my bios chip with a new one and flash it with a working full firmware if so u guys might be able to help me with the full firmware if it exists thank u for reading this and excuse my shallow English and also excuse me if this is not the right place for the post @ this fourms .
    feel free to email me about the case
    Note i disscovered that the guy who used rom burnner to flash bios flashed the wrong bios chip so it is away harder now

2. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    #2 LatinMcG, Dec 2, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2012
    versioon 1.15 has video bios update so u probably want older one. then update.
    however 1.11 shows
    1. Fixes when change display mode to 'dGPU only' mode in setup, save and exit will cause 5 more seconds and shutdown in DC mode. 2. Changes EC bios to V3.3 and fix the bios Crisis issue.

which means u need to find out what crisis issue it is.

1.11 in win shows .BIN while 1.08 shows .fd hmmmm
    try recovering with 1.08 with filename ZR7X64.fd

i think 1.11 is good candidate for spi programmer as its .bin not .fd originaly in package.
    1.15 is also .fd

3. Ntsnpr

Ntsnpr MDL Novice

Nov 25, 2012
    #3 Ntsnpr, Dec 5, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
    (OP)
    ok i will try every thing u said ty for stopping by will give u feedback soon i hope it works
    i did try something else yesterday i flashed 2 bios chips on my mboard 25X40BVSIG.BIN <this firmware and the chip elictrical id with the same name was showing 4mb size
    and also 25Q32BVSIG.fd<< this firmware and the chip elictrical id with the same name was showing 32mb size
    and end up with nothing :(

4. Ntsnpr

Ntsnpr MDL Novice

Nov 25, 2012
    i tried yesterday after i replaced my io bios 25X40BVSIG with a new one but a friend of mine asked me where di i get this software i said a friend online backed up his chip firmware he said no way this chip must be backed up using atmel programmer unlike normal bios so now am stuck on io bios chip firmware :(

5. Ntsnpr

Ntsnpr MDL Novice

Nov 25, 2012
    pls guys if any one got aspire 5745G working pack up ur bios under windows and send me the rom or bin file shall be 4mb size i will be thankful

6. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    u say u have a backup from someone ? how did he backup ? universal bios backup tool ?
    we can try to merge the bios with it.. do u know what version it is ?

7. Ntsnpr

Ntsnpr MDL Novice

Nov 25, 2012
    #7 Ntsnpr, Dec 9, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2012
    (OP)
    no i dont know the ver but i can email it to u now i have both bios chips firmware the 512kb file size and the other 32 flash 4 mb size

but still dead laptop only diffrence is that now wen i powerit on by battary it never go off unliss i press power button
    i was looking for schematics for this model for like 3 days online without finding any free one :(
    also iam wondering if i had to replace the chips 1. 25X40BVSIG <4mb size and contains firmware 512kb
    2. 25Q32BVSIG<32mb size and contains firmware 4mb
    shall it be same numbers or any 4/32 chips ?

8. drewbug

drewbug MDL Member

Aug 15, 2010
    Can you use a flash programmer to backup whatever's currently on your chip(s) and upload them to a filesharing site?

I may be able to convert BIOS files from Acer's site to the format they need to be in to be writeable with a flash programmer.

9. Ntsnpr

Ntsnpr MDL Novice

Nov 25, 2012
    I Can email u now the files both chips

10. Ntsnpr

Ntsnpr MDL Novice

Nov 25, 2012
    Wooooooha it is working now and running like a train wow thanks to hidar2 and the super pro programmer wow and thanks to u also guys am so happy

11. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    uhh hidar2 ? a user here ? what super pro programmer ?

12. Ntsnpr

Ntsnpr MDL Novice

Nov 25, 2012
    nah he is some one had t he same problem on bios-mods
    super pro is a programmer toolkit away better than willem project it is like atmel programmer i guess