Asus 12" Windows 7 Tablet

Discussion in 'Mobile and Portable' started by Michelle68, Dec 29, 2010.

1. Michelle68

Michelle68 MDL Senior Member

Jul 16, 2009
    #1 Michelle68, Dec 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  2. ibeqa

ibeqa MDL Member

Sep 14, 2009
    Is it worth the price over 1100 USD?

3. Michelle68

Michelle68 MDL Senior Member

Jul 16, 2009
    You tell us.

Buying is always a personal choice.

What is cheap to me may be expensive to you.

Add up the hardware,software,features,warranty and need then compare it to everything else of equal value.

An educated consumer is our best customer - Sy Syms

4. ibeqa

ibeqa MDL Member

Sep 14, 2009
    Slates are considered portable computers and most of them are used as a "light" tablets. Now, when I saw this slate with i5 processor, I must admit it, I was surprised. i5 processors are powerfull and usualy are found on "gamer computers or laptops" also 12.1 screen are considered small if used for productivity. Basicly I can't figure what will be it's usage. Gaming and productivity not for sure, office and internet yes but then why go for expensive i5 when Atom processor are very good on that sector. I forgot to mention that this slate could be in same category with AIO computers but still the price is to high. AIO with i5 and BD drive (that slates don't have) cost under 1000 USD.

I agree that in the end it comes to personal choice but this thing is expensive for me and for you. There is always a category of people that don't know what to do with their surplus of income and buy strange and expensive things and this slate is strange and expensive.

Cheers