Asus A42F Totally Dead After Update Bios

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by solicvintoss, Sep 24, 2010.

1. solicvintoss

solicvintoss MDL Novice

Dec 17, 2009
    I have an Asus A42F-VX019D notebook. This problem happens after I update my bios. I have downloaded the right bios (Bios 409) for my notebook, but when I tried to update, Easy flash warned me that bios is not the same type. Because I'm sure it's the right one, I just update it. After update process reach 99%, my notebook suddenly turned off. And I cannot turn it on again (The power led doesn't on, which means total dead:(). Anyone know how to reset bios without turn on the laptop ??('Cause I can't turn it on)??:confused:

There are five led indicator on my laptop. Power, charging battery, HDD,activity, Wireless, and padlock symbol. Usually if I plug the AC cable when the battery is unpluged, the charging battery led wouldn't on. But, after this problem happens, the charging battery led is always on whenever I plug the AC cable or install the battery.

2. ar_seven_am

ar_seven_am MDL Senior Member

Mar 7, 2010
    According to phoenixtools, the recovery file name r K4FAS.bin, rename the original bios file & copy into usb pendrive formatted with fat or fat32, plug the power n press alt + f2, it will process asus flashing. By the way, r u mods the bios file? Ur bios file already had full slics 2.1 on it , if it's hidden u can use phoenixtools to unlock the slics with advanced option & tick no slics.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. electrogoodie

electrogoodie MDL Novice

Nov 11, 2009
    What method should be used? SSV2? Should I still provide SLIC file, RW and Certificate when using the Phoenix Tool v1.59?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. babelpatcher

babelpatcher MDL Novice

Jul 27, 2011
    i have same problem. please help me :(

the original bios is K43SAAS.211
    how to unpack/decompress the file?
    http :// dlcdnet . asus . com /pub/ASUS/nb/K43SA/K43SAAS211.zip

5. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  6. babelpatcher

babelpatcher MDL Novice

Jul 27, 2011
    the original bios file is K43SAAS.211

Phoenixtool v1.95 say the recovery filename are K43SA.bin

so i just need to rename K43SAAS.211 to K43SA.bin ?

in DUMP folder, i see a lot of *.ROM file? what is this file?

7. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Just rename the official bios to K43SA.bin & put it in a FAT32 formatted pen drive (not bootable). Then insert it, power on, wait for a while :)