Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe + Windows 7 + 3 gigs memory

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by ratsalad, Mar 6, 2010.

1. ratsalad

ratsalad MDL Novice

Feb 27, 2010
    Hi,
    Has anyone got the a7n8x-e deluxe to run win7 with 3 gigs?
    It will run it with 2 gigs.

Strange thing .....XP will run with 3 gigs.

Thanks,
    RS

2. cx1836

cx1836 MDL Novice

Sep 9, 2008
    My short answer is no. I have high density memory (128x64) and it will work fine with 2 gigs but not 3. I previously ran it with 3 512mb and that was fine. I've tried 2 1gb sticks plus a 512mb in the other slot, no go. I've mixed the 512mb and 2 x 1gb sticks to make the mobo revert to single channel mode and it don't like that either. I've read on another forum that one person forced a change to AGP Host to PCI driver to a more generic one and got it to go with 3 gigs, caused other difficulties. XP uses the nvidia drivers but they haven't written any for vista/7 and these use microsoft written drivers. I expect the problem lies here.

3. RJARRRPCGP

RJARRRPCGP MDL Senior Member

Feb 24, 2010
    The problem may be that one of the RAM slots, more likely the middle slot, is always shipped bad! Because I had an unstable OS when I inserted RAM into the middle DIMM slot on my Asus A7N8X-X. (Even though that's a different variant, it seems to just have some stuff removed that's on the A7N8X-E Deluxe) (I suspect that the problem exists on the A7N8X-E Deluxe, too)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. taiada

taiada MDL Novice

Jul 28, 2009
    I have a MB P5GD2-X Intel 915P and can not find 4GB ram.
    Can only 3GB. Seeks to be the chipset limitation.
    Sorry my english.