Asus a8n32-sli

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by beamslider, Feb 1, 2010.

1. beamslider

beamslider MDL Senior Member

Feb 1, 2010
    Have the above motherboard, I know old now but still running great and all I currently need.

I am currently running Vista 64bit and XP 64bit in dual boot setup along with Linux.

I am thinking about getting rid of Vista and replacing it with Win 7 64bit. The main concern I have is drivers, do the Vista 64 bit drivers work with Win 7?

Anyone running this board with any suggestions?

2. Zaphire

Zaphire MDL Novice

Apr 14, 2009
    I've been running Win 7 x64 on a A8N-SLI Premium since early in the beta's and all has been fine.
    Early on there were Vista x64 drivers that worked but now it's mostly all Win 7 x64 ones.

3. Pikey

Pikey MDL Junior Member

Aug 1, 2009
    Another ASUS board here .. a M2N-E SLI ... also running Win7 x64 for some time now with no problems!

I think you'll be fine ..

4. Rosco

Rosco MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2007
    An install of Windows 7 on an A8n32SLI-deluxe board totally works no need for any drivers from Vista or elsewhere - except you may like to install video\sound driver - optional. As these boards are about the same time cannot see problems.

Also I think there is a modified BIOS in BIOS mods section that will enable simple activation but a loader should work.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. beamslider

beamslider MDL Senior Member

Feb 1, 2010
    Thanks for the comments. Installed ultimate 64 bit and it works great, much better than Vista 64.

There was a modded bios here already with Dell slic in it, but I downloaded the bios from Asus and modded it with Asus slic.